01-06 Boxer - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > Peugeot Models > Vans > Boxer
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 14-11-16, 06:13 PM   #1
Inactive User

Default 01-06 Boxer

Going to covert one to a mini camper. Looking to just be a SWB high top. Anyone give me with/length in the back please and what engine for best MPG. 2,2 or 2.8. I like to do Euroland and sitting at 70 is a must. There will not be that great a weight added. Say a double kitchen unit with sink, Double bed (folding) and a gas bottle. Is there that much difference with 2.2 to 2.8 on the insurance? So many questions?

No great hurry as i have a little Expert mini camper i made just now what i will be using for Italy. I was going to get a Iveco or Movano but after a few 306's and this van i find the Pug's reliable. We had diesel 205's, 309's and 306's at the old work and they would get abused and turn 100k a year with no issues so sticking with Pug is a no brainier.

Anyway, any info would be greatly appreciated
1888 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 14-11-16, 06:18 PM   #2

If you want reliable go for the 2.8 as its the iveco engine and plenty power in reserve
2.2 is peugeot engine and is ok but not as good as 2.8 van itself is more fiat than peugeot to be honest.
Old 14-11-16, 06:38 PM   #3
Inactive User

Quote:
Originally Posted by reliable406 View Post
If you want reliable go for the 2.8 as its the iveco engine and plenty power in reserve
2.2 is peugeot engine and is ok but not as good as 2.8 van itself is more fiat than peugeot to be honest.
Never knew that. I did join the iveco forum when i was thinking of getting that van but they are just to large for my needs and i think my hear is back with Pug. Van being more Fiat are they not just clones of each other and Citroen? The Exper, Scodo and Dispatch are almost identical.

Is it Ducato, boxer and Relay?

Not long sold a Fiat Stilo. Not a bad car but over engineered for what it was. We dont use a car much so found a 2001 Seicento with 30 odd K on the clock for running around in. Surprisingly quick for a 1.1

Dont laugh

Last edited by 1888; 14-11-16 at 07:00 PM.

Old 14-11-16, 10:18 PM   #4

Seicentos are great cars i have had a few over the years alternators seized up if not used regularly which was a bit strange

The big vans have more fiat parts than peugeot parts and are built in italy
The smaller expert etc are more peugeot but they are all made in france !
Old 14-11-16, 11:02 PM   #5
Inactive User

Aye i love the wee Fiat. Found it in a little town in Fife, Saline?
Funny you saying the Boxer mostly Fiat when i first seen the dash the clocks do look Fiat but 100% more modern than whats in my Expert. Its like being back in my non turbo 1.9 306. Think that was 99
Old 20-11-16, 03:27 PM   #6
Inactive User

Anyone know the internal dimensions of these vans or can point me in teh direction of the owners manual download cheers
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in