Peugeot 307 hdi 90 loss of power, help please - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > Peugeot Tuning & Modifications > Bodyshop Techniques & Modifications
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Like Tree5Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-04-12, 08:10 PM   #1
Inactive User

Default Peugeot 307 hdi 90 loss of power, help please

Hi all im new to this forum hope i have put this in the right place, I could really do with some help, my 2001 peugeot 307 is suffering from loss of power, it wont go above 2000 revs (when it gets to 2k revs its sounds like its misfiring) if i go up a hill its really struggling the car doesnt misfire on tickover or on low revs. I had the diagnostics done which were P1199 AND p0401 Induction flow higher than recommended we decided to do a full service and the egr valve replaced just picked it up and its still running the exact same? any ideas where to go from here? pllease try and explain as simple as possible as i only have basic knowledge on cars thanks for any help in advance x
Becky518 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-04-12, 08:39 PM   #2

Firstly, what version of the 307? petrol/diesel, Secondly, location-where are you based? We are a friendly bunch on here so welcome aboard!, it just makes thing a little easier if we have the basics though
Do you know if the faults were read using diagbox or peugeot planet ?(if it was a PUG dealer then they would have been, otherwise might not have been and a generic scanner used)
Sounds like the car is in limp mode. I would not really trust any fault code you have unless it was read using the right gear.
Let us know where you are based and we will try and find someone who can assist.
Old 10-04-12, 08:48 PM   #3
Inactive User

Hi sorry yeah its a rapier 90bhp 2.0 hdi on a 2001, it was a handheld yellow diagnostic machine at a local garage. I live in sheffield as well, thanks for the response

Old 10-04-12, 08:53 PM   #4
davidireland

No need to change the egr valve. don't understand why garages keep changing them. They just don't give trouble. The egr valve on your car is a vacuum operated one. First thing to check would be the vacuum system.

The other code is fuel related. When was the fuel filter changed last? check the fuel pressure also, the low pressure circuit.

Last edited by davidireland; 10-04-12 at 08:55 PM.
  Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-04-12, 09:02 PM   #5
Inactive User

Fuel filters just been changed, they said something about my fuel temp reading been low and not as they expected? and i dont know much about cars really just did a search when they said it needed replacing on google and alot of people said change egr?
Old 10-04-12, 09:04 PM   #6
davidireland

The egr is not the problem, its most likely whats controlling the egr valve ie the egr solenoid valve.
Best thing to do, go to someone who knows these cars not fellas that are just going to throw parts at it and hope for the best. You'll be the one paying for it in more ways than one.
zooankski likes this.
  Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-04-12, 11:05 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Becky518 View Post
Hi sorry yeah its a rapier 90bhp 2.0 hdi on a 2001, it was a handheld yellow diagnostic machine at a local garage. I live in sheffield as well, thanks for the response
Take a look on the planet map and contact a member nearest to you-a proper read out would be my first priority.

http://maps.google.co.uk/maps/ms?msi...263e1b9c&msa=0

looks like pugjim is your man.

Last edited by zooankski; 10-04-12 at 11:10 PM.
zooankski is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-04-12, 11:13 PM   #8

have a look on the planet map to see whos near you, but as david says the EGR on these dont fail its the solenoid valves that do, i have replaced afew solenoids and after that the car has been a1 (well bar the time i was in a rush and put the pipes round the wrong way)
CMax_307 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-04-12, 07:45 AM   #9
Inactive User

thankyou i have found the nearest to me and will contact them and get it booked it
Old 11-04-12, 07:48 AM   #10
Inactive User

how do i contact them? my nearest is 307pugpete
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in