New Car Time 308 - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > Peugeot Tuning & Modifications > Bodyshop Techniques & Modifications
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 27-06-15, 05:00 PM   #1

Default New Car Time 308

Hi all,

Just bought a second hand 2014 Peugeot 308 with 18,000 miles on the clock. 1.6 TDi 92.

Such a nice car, inside and out.

However, I am already thinking of a project for it. It has the big Sat Nav touchscreen in the dashboard, and when i put it in reverse, it shows a 'top down' view of a car, with bars to show distance to object. Like in the link below:

Reverse Screen

However, the Allure model comes with a reverse camera, and as i opened the boot, i happened to notice a rectangle rubber grommet, in between the registration plate lights, presumably for a reverse camera. I figure being a Peugeot, it will have the wires installed already. I am hoping that it is as normal, a case of plugging the camera in, and turning it on!

Which leads me on to my point. Can anyone with service box, perhaps find me a part number for the reverse camera on the 308 Allure? I won't be buying it, until I have plugged in with an updated Diagbox, and checked if the option is there to enable it.

If this is possible, I will be created a guide and uploading the results on the forum for all to use.

Thanks for your help, Paul

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
PaulMillard is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 27-06-15, 07:42 PM   #2

You would be best checking the cables are there first. I've had a look in my 308 for the connectors for the reversing sensor ecu but haven't found anything.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
storeman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 27-06-15, 08:05 PM   #3

Hi mate, thanks for the reply.

I have the reverse sensors already as standard, so I'm hoping the camera wires will be there. I thought the screen will just have to change to a different page?

What 308 do you have? And how are you finding it?

Old 28-06-15, 09:01 AM   #4

Mine is a 61 plate 1.6L SR HDI92

Basically it's the basic model with a couple of options. Has the RNEG SatNav with bluetooth hands free (no streaming), Aux input in the glovebox, chrome trims front & rear and rear electric windows.

I like the car. It's got quite a bit more pull & acceleration than the 307 2.0l HDI 90 that I had before it but then again the 308 has two more horses and is seven years younger. It's very economical which will be a good thing if I have to start paying for fuel again. It's comfortable and the Satnav despite it's minor flaws works well though Navteq could do with improving their map updates. Some major road layout changes have been done in Oldham. The latest maps have one included but another major change done at the sam time affecting the same road has been left out.

On the rare occasions I have rear seat passengers I hav eneve had any complaints about leg room, even from my 6'4" son and they appreciate the luxury of electric windows (the 307 had manual rear windows). The boot is slightly larger than in the 307 but gives a significant amount of extra space which benefits me for work and also the dog appreciates the extra room.

First thing I did was retrofit cruise which works well but seems to have a slow response when adjusting speed up or down. Overall, I'm very happy with the car and a couple of months into owning it I'm expecting it to be as reliable as the two 307's were. I've got the next three services already paid for at the local Peugeot dealer at a heavily reduced price - not much more than it would cost me for oil and parts if I did the servicing myself but more importantly, I'll get those all important dealer stamps for the service history. After that I'll do the servicing myself. I'll also be doing oil & filter changed myself in between the dealer services due to the long intervals recommended.

storeman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-07-15, 10:06 AM   #5

I took delivery of my car yesterday and I am really happy with it!

Stunning car in my opinion. Feels very comfortable to drive, very smooth and plenty of room. That means a lot coming from a 6'5 guy who looks like he is with baby!

Ill get some more photos up soon.

Im going to have a look later and see if the wires for the reverse camera are present too. (And if I can find the options on Diagbox)

Old 21-07-15, 07:41 PM   #6
Inactive User

Default 308 Allure

Hi Paul , Just seen your enquiry about the reverse camera and just w=ondering if you are sorted ?
I purchased a 308 Allure in June 2015 and it has the reverse camera ect ect so if there's anything I can do to help just give me a bell or a note and i'll try to help ... See photos in my album
What fuel consumption are you getting as in lts / 100km ??
Happy Driving ..
Ps , Electric Handbrake is a brill gadget ?
The Frollic is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 22-07-15, 07:46 AM   #7

Hi Mate,

Thanks for the reply. I have kinda given up on the reverse camera

After plugging in with Diagbox 7.65 and not finding any options to activate the camera, in fact to change any options at all. I made a post about it somewhere.

Also, I had a look through the hole where the reverse camera should be located, and I could not see a loom to attach the cable too..

That said, for all I know the camera connecting cable could be 2 foot long at plugged into the top of the boot somewhere. I just haven't felt the urge to pull the boot trim off yet.

I have a couple of things on the go, I have replaced all interior bulbs with LED's to give it a cleaner look. I will soon be replacing all the exterior bulbs with LED's (with help from Allans Thread, Search: LED Suggestions.)

I have some small discrete LED bars that I am installing in the boot, as even with an LED in, the boot light is crap!

And I will shortly installing the footwell lights that did not come with my model, the cut-outs are there for the lights, and Peugeot only want ~4 per bracket. I will have to find a feed for the LED's as the connector cables are not their either, I will probably use the cabin light.

One thing I have noticed with this car. I find that the Audio is crap. My 2010 207 had better sound than this car! How is yours? Is it standard or upgraded?

I bought the car ex-demo and when I received it, the Bass and Treble were on full, and 'LOUD' was on. So I think the people using it have maybe knackered the speakers?

Thanks again for your help, and as always I will try and post guides to anything I do.

EDIT: As for fuel consumption, on the A road here doing 70, I can get about 80mpg. The average reads 56mpg, but I have only done 300 miles, and the trip computer has not been reset yet. I am heading to Cornwall for a week in August, so will reset the trip computer before I set off, see what it does on a run. Then reset it when I get back and see what I average. One thing I have noticed with this car, that didn't appear to be the case with my 207, the 'AUTO' option on the Air Con, when the day is hot and the aircon is set low, can make 15-20mpg difference!!! I just have the AC on at about 17 now instead, and change the fan speeds as I wish.

Paul

Last edited by PaulMillard; 22-07-15 at 07:49 AM.
Old 22-07-15, 07:38 PM   #8
Inactive User

Default New Type Peugeot 308

Hi Paul,
Reversing camera is a great idea , sort of ,... I'm still inclined to have a look back out of habit and just in case , (of what I'm not sure ) . Also I'm still quite conscious that when I'm reversing that the sensors might not pick up a high kerb or a pier in the middle of a wall I'm reversing towards and just how near you are to an obstacle when the red light siren "bleeps" . Still an element of trust to be built up between camera and me !!!! maybe over time , we'll see.
The sound system seems fine on my car but maybe I'm easily pleased but the car is new so if it was'nt as I expect I'd be back to the dealer ..
I'd love to be as knowledgeable as yourself about leds ect . The only thing I know is my car has daylight running LEDs so apart from a light been on during the day I'm not really sure but I enquired from "The Storeman" some time ago about fitting 2 strip Leds on the front of the car and its something I intend to do as soon as funds allow but your intention to put in some extra boot light caught my attention , perhaps you might give us an idea of what , where , how and how much ,....would be very much appreciated ..The Frollic
The Frollic is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 23-07-15, 08:47 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Frollic View Post
Hi Paul,
Reversing camera is a great idea , sort of ,... I'm still inclined to have a look back out of habit and just in case , (of what I'm not sure ) . Also I'm still quite conscious that when I'm reversing that the sensors might not pick up a high kerb or a pier in the middle of a wall I'm reversing towards and just how near you are to an obstacle when the red light siren "bleeps" . Still an element of trust to be built up between camera and me !!!! maybe over time , we'll see.
The sound system seems fine on my car but maybe I'm easily pleased but the car is new so if it was'nt as I expect I'd be back to the dealer ..
I'd love to be as knowledgeable as yourself about leds ect . The only thing I know is my car has daylight running LEDs so apart from a light been on during the day I'm not really sure but I enquired from "The Storeman" some time ago about fitting 2 strip Leds on the front of the car and its something I intend to do as soon as funds allow but your intention to put in some extra boot light caught my attention , perhaps you might give us an idea of what , where , how and how much ,....would be very much appreciated ..The Frollic
Yeah I always tend to look as well, but it helps with distance to kerbs etc... I have noticed that my 308 reverse sensors spot the kerb and tell me how close to it I am. I only want it because it is not their I think! And I like a challenge!

Yeah, It is going back to the dealers tomorrow to have the Arm Rest replaced as it is a bit loose for my liking. The guy who sold it me said it seemed fine to him, but luckily his mechanic took my side and said he wouldn't be happy with it.

My 308 has LED Daytime Running Lights, does your 308 not have LED ones? I am hoping the LED bars that I am putting in the boot will arrive today so I can post a picture. They were supposed to be here on Wednesday. I am thinking about putting them under the plastic lip that the parcel shelf sits on. In my opinion LED's look 100% better when you can see the light they produce, but not the LED's themselves. Under this lip they will be well hidden from anyone over 4 foot! I am still trying to find a way to mount them at 45 degrees. I don't want them pointing straight down due to their location, or straight in toward each other.

I'm quite handy with electronics, studied it for A-Level and I am now a Network / Phone Engineer so daily practice too. However, when it comes to LED's in car, you do not need much knowledge at all. Most LED's / LED strip are 12v, so you can wire them straight to any source in the car. You don't have to worry about polarity too much, LED's are diodes, so when you put them in the wrong way around, it won't kill the LED or damage the wires or blow a fuse. Just turn it around and you are good to go. Most of the LED's that I put in a car are connected to interior lights, so are already fused in case you do make a mistake. It really is quite harmless, grab a few off ebay and have a play!

I'll create a guide the LED's I put in my boot and link to it here. That way you can see what I have done, and the effect it has had.

Old 23-07-15, 10:52 AM   #10

As it happens, the LED's have just arrived. Ill pop a picture below, it cost me about 3 for the pair. They are to bright to look at directly, you can't tell from the photo as they are also too bright for my camera phone to focus on properly.

I don't know if I will get around to installing them this weekend and the Mrs Parents are up with us so I may have to entertain

All the electrics and connectors, I am fine with here. But really stuck for an idea of how to mount them at 45 Degrees in the corners...

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in