Peugeot Forums banner

Lowering af peugeot 307

6K views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  shadopantha 
#1 ·
Hi all of you,
I'm new to this forum but I think you guys can help me.

I want to lower my Peugeot 307,
It is mounted with stock springs and I got some 18 inch rims with 235/40-R18 tyres on.

But the arch gap above the wheels is way to big, can any of you recommend me how much I should lower this car?

I have measured the gap from tyre to body, in front there is around 75mm and back have around 55mm so I also need to lower the front abit more than the back because I want it to be leveled also.

I have attached a picture of my car, can any of you recommend me how much to lower the car so it will look great and not be to high?

I was thinking a 60/40 lowering, but I think that might be to much?

See less See more
#3 ·
First off you would need to know how much the dampers front and back rise to the bump stops then a bit less than that figure would be the absolute maximum to prevent the tyres scraping the arch liners. From the look of the photo, the front is slightly lower than the rear so you would need to lower the rear more than the front to level it. As to how much to lower it, that would be an individual choice bet remember you need some ground clearance. I once had the misfortune of following some idiot who had lowered his golf so much that anything larger than a piece of gravel would cause the exhaust to scrape so he drove everywhere at around 10 MPH.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.