garage damaged my car - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > Peugeot Tuning & Modifications > Bodyshop Techniques & Modifications
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Like Tree3Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-04-13, 05:22 PM   #1
Inactive User

Default garage damaged my car

i have peugeot 308 its was in at the peugeot dealer i got the car and it came back damaged they want me to pay half which i aint its gonna cost them 700 to put i got a quote i need to give it to them

bumper needs painting
needs a wing
needs wheel arch cover
stevenfri83 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-04-13, 09:11 AM   #2
pr1vatepiles

If it was me, I wouldn't have accepted the car back. Would have demanded to speak to every manager under sun until the damage was fixed. If they damaged it whilst it was in their care, then surely its 100% up to them to sort the damage.
  Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-04-13, 12:16 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by pr1vatepiles View Post
If it was me, I wouldn't have accepted the car back. Would have demanded to speak to every manager under sun until the damage was fixed. If they damaged it whilst it was in their care, then surely its 100% up to them to sort the damage.
I agree, I use to work in a garage and if we did any damage to customers car while it was in the workshop we had to put it right regardless as to how good or bad the car was before we did any damage.......The only problem could be if it was damaged in the car park when ot might not have been the garages fault, but normally it would be done as a goodwill gesture.
Rogerp is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-04-13, 02:02 PM   #4
Inactive User

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevenfri83 View Post
i have peugeot 308 its was in at the peugeot dealer i got the car and it came back damaged they want me to pay half which i aint its gonna cost them 700 to put i got a quote i need to give it to them

bumper needs painting
needs a wing
needs wheel arch cover
that's a joke right?

I'd have laughed in their face, and why do you need to give them the quote? what kind of Peugeot dealer can't do the repair work themselves
Old 08-04-13, 02:55 PM   #5
Inactive User

When they take a car, they should do a walk around and sign off on the job card any defects big or small. they then get you to sign. If they didnt do this then it is all down on them as an empty space is taken as "nothing wrong".

Get as much paperwork and photos as you can, for evidence. the more you have the better. They will try and wriggle out of this one.

john_h is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-04-13, 04:49 PM   #6
Inactive User

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevenfri83 View Post

bumper needs painting
needs a wing
needs wheel arch cover
Was there actually a question I that lot ?
Gary C is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-04-13, 05:31 PM   #7
Inactive User

i'd go c a socilter because they have trade insurance that covers them and once they c letters from a socliter they will pay up.

if they willing to pay 4 half of it means they no they r at fault and they no it they trying to get u to pay half to save their pockets.
bonzo_r is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-04-13, 06:34 PM   #8

I'm not sure what the OP is talking about, its all very confused
clanless is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-04-13, 06:14 PM   #9
Inactive User

thanks guys i am taking car to the the dealer tomorrow they dont have a bodyshop themselves they want to use a smart repair which i aint gonna let them take it there

they doing as gesture of goodwill after week trying to look at cctv footage which the cameras are crap images damage i believe was done in the workshop putting the car into or out of it theres a rubber make on top of bonnet as though someone has caught the top while carrying a tool or tyre

there are other issues with car so car may get handed back if its not fixed
Old 12-04-13, 07:05 PM   #10
Inactive User

Cool

well been to dealer where it happened they want me to foot the bill they wont,, however i am waiting for call from the dealer owner who peugeot got hold of the dealer principal who is aware and is going to call me he agrees that the branch where it was damaged should pay as it was in their care,, now yesterdat morning before i spoke to peugeot i sent the finance company details of the damage and other issues with the car and sent dealer principal and peugeot itself letters of complaint now if the dealer doesnt sort it peugeot will as its the vehicle brand at stake
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in