Peugeot Forums banner

Fap removal

2K views 9 replies 4 participants last post by  sterion75 
#1 ·
Hi,

Hope the decent weather is allowing you to all enjoy your cars more.

Keep having problems with my car regening all of the time - went on a 240 mile round trip and it still regens. Happens after 90% of the journeys I go on, and alongside the embarrassment, it's hesitating on the road and the fuel economy has dropped significantly. I think it's time to get shot of it, do you think?

I'm wondering if anyone on this forum has had this done and basically want to know what experiences you have had? I know the psa system is a tricky one to do (according to word of mouth), and don't want permanent limp mode, but at the same time, I don't want a blown turbo or to have to fork out for another filter.

Can anyone recommend any tuners/garages that offer this service?

Thanks,
Adam

#8 ·
Ah glad I'm not alone on the regen front. I'm doing all I can (premium diesels, the occasional long run) to clear it out, but it's still not happy lol the only concern I have with removing it is the potential limp mode problem that I've read others have suffered with. :s

#10 · (Edited)
Yes there is an ecu in that position so easy to de fap then. When my one packs in it will be a removal job I think. I quite often have the fan run on when i get home due to an aborted regen. I get all the signs, deeper exhaust note hot mirrors and rear window and raised engine temp.
Talking of pp2000 scans, Im off for a scan later but on my head. Personally I think they only need an echo sounder.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.