Cruise control kit - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > Peugeot Tuning & Modifications > Bodyshop Techniques & Modifications
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 24-01-15, 10:43 AM   #1
Inactive User

Default Cruise control kit

Hi if I buy a cruise control kit will it just plug in and away I go or does Peugeot have to install it with software etc?
I have a 308 sw 2013
tudgey is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 24-01-15, 11:02 AM   #2

Theoretically all you need is a cruise control stalk. It should simply push in but you would need to get cruise control enabled either at a dealers or by contacting a member of the forum that has the dealer diagnostics. A lot of dealers say it can't be done especially if you supply your own stalk. I've also heard that Peugeot started to remove the options to enable cruise control on later models if they didn't leave the factory with cruise to stop us tetrofitting this expensive option for just a few quid. Don't know how true it is but it may be wise to get it hooked up to the diagnostics (not at a dealers) to see if the options are available before spending money on parts you may not be able to use.

https://www.peugeotforums.com/forums/...gnostic-28190/

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
storeman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 24-01-15, 01:17 PM   #3
Inactive User

Bugger I was hoping to just plug in and off I go 😞

Old 24-01-15, 02:17 PM   #4

It's not that bad. Takes about 10 minutes maybe less to enable it if the options are there.

Find a member near you to connect there kit to the car and see if it's available. I think Cruise Control can be enabled even without the stalk so that when the stalk is connected it would work straight away.

The steering column shroud may need a piece cutting out though you may be lucky and have a shroud with a removable panel for the stalk.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 24-01-15, 02:43 PM   #5
Inactive User

I've looked and there is a little panel that can be removed so I guess it's there behind
Old 24-01-15, 04:46 PM   #6

I've just tried to activate cruise control on a 308sw for a member on here today but no luck. First one I've failed to do and I've done quite a few. The BSI had the option already enable and the engine ecu just had the option for enable on all vehicles, not absent or present like normal (other config options had this). We tried various options for an hour and checked the brake switch and stalk switches in diagbox. The stalk fitted did have the limit function to so I've advised them to try and swap it for a cruise only stalk.
Eccles is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 24-01-15, 07:41 PM   #7

Newer models may well be different. My cruise stalk has the limiter function but even though I don't have the correct accelerator pedal for the limiter (not checked the wiring), cruise still works.

Old 04-02-15, 05:58 PM   #8
Inactive User

Had my car booked in today they tried fitting kit but right at the end an error message stopped them from carrying on
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in