Colour coding the trim - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > Peugeot Tuning & Modifications > Bodyshop Techniques & Modifications
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By BigSlavey

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 26-05-13, 09:09 PM   #1
Inactive User

Default Colour coding the trim

Hi,

Im a new Pug owner. I would like to colour code the black trim that goes around my 407, leaving the thin chrome strip if possible. Anyone any ideas about this. As Im new to this I dont know whats available. Is there a film or such like I could purchase?

cheers

sam
Advertisement

Old 27-05-13, 12:12 AM   #2

Can't be 100% sure but if that's your car as your avatar, looks like a eyl gris island car - light blue, almost silver? You only option is going to be paint, you can mask off the chrome and paint around it or try removing it painting them then reattaching it (no idea how this would work, I'd probably suggest getting a trim from the scrapyard to experiment on to make sure the chrome will come off and go back on before attacking the car.

To do it yourself, you'll need a scotchbrite (to key the plastic), solvent wipe (to clean it), plastic primer aerosol, the colour aerosol, and a clear lacquer aerosol - I'd expect to pay in the region of 35-50 for the lot. Alternatively, you could get then done professionally, but then you'd probably be looking at double the cost, give or take.

I was thinking about doing the same but my car is black so I think it'll be a lot of hassle for little benefit in my case...
SAMBA_Q likes this.
Old 27-05-13, 11:29 AM   #3
Inactive User

Thanks for the advice. Yeah thats the car inthe avatar. Id be happy to get it done if its only gonna cost that in a garage. Will post pics when i get it done

Old 27-05-13, 01:43 PM   #4

Maybe Plastidip?
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in