Chrome Door Handle Covers - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > Peugeot Tuning & Modifications > Bodyshop Techniques & Modifications
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 25-08-14, 12:49 PM   #1
Inactive User

Default Chrome Door Handle Covers

Chrome door handle covers for a 307. Has anyone tried them, are they any good?

CHROME 4 DOOR HANDLE COVERS PEUGEOT 307 307 SW CITROEN C3 STAINLESS STEEL | eBay
Old Mosher is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 25-08-14, 01:18 PM   #2
pr1vatepiles

I think someone did a long time ago on here and complained them fell off when they got wet. Just stick on aren't they?
  Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 25-08-14, 05:28 PM   #3
Inactive User

Use tiger seal as well they will not come off then. Recently I have used tiger seal to put on chrome trim from China on my 508 will not jet wash off. Have used this for rear window spoilers too no problems.
welder1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 25-08-14, 06:07 PM   #4
Inactive User

Yes, 3M tape but the tiger seal sounds like a good idea. Mine's a silver car but the paint is so thin on the door handles you can see the black. Do they look when fitted?
Old Mosher is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 25-08-14, 06:28 PM   #5
Inactive User

3m tape not much good for adhesion to paint surfaces you have to degrease etc and even then not that good. Put a rear window spoiler on my VW Bora , cleaned window as per instruction then unpleeled 3 m tape it stuck on but 3 weeks later when I was cleaning back window it just came off in my hand.Use tiger seal all the time ,most body shops use it , I believe you can get it in black or white now about 7.50 from most car shops.
welder1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-04-15, 05:22 PM   #6
Inactive User

I put some of the metal ones on the Mrs. Golf, I've yet to have a problem with the backing tape they came with (not ruling it out mind),

BUT, regret getting the metal ones as they stick off the door and the pressing didnt fit very well leaving rough edges. Looks good from a distance, close up mind they look like cheap stuck on covers. Not sure if the ones you've listed will be the same, just a caution.

If you do get them Mosher, do please let me know how you got on as I'd like to do the same to mine, just put off by previous experience.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in