Car juddering - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > Peugeot Tuning & Modifications > Bodyshop Techniques & Modifications
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 13-08-12, 10:21 PM   #1
Niz
Inactive User

Default Car juddering

Hi. I'm new to this website (forum) and was wondering if anyone can help. I have a 207 Hdi on a '57 plate.

When I start the car, the engine is juddering and literally shaking (as if it's gonna fall out), and the engine sounds like it's choking and going to cut out. I've had the car serviced, the glow plugs have been changed too. Once the car warms up, it seems to be ok, but the last few days it has been doing it whilst warm too. It does it when standing.

I even had it in at the dealership (reluctantly) and they couldn't find a fault (or fault code). Is this something that maybe you could help with, or know of anybody who can?

Any help or guidance would be much appreciated.

On a separate issue, the rear parking sensor is showing a fault. Does anyone know where I can get the sensors sorted (apart from the dealer)

Thanks
Niz is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 13-08-12, 11:28 PM   #2

what cc engine do you have? any strange noises or smells?
Old 14-08-12, 07:07 AM   #3

How do the engine mounts look?

Old 14-08-12, 07:20 AM   #4
Niz
Inactive User

Thanks for the replies. It's a 1.6 (110 model). No strange noises except the engine sounds like its gonna cut out, so the idle sounds up and down. As for the engine mounts, they were broken, but have been replaced recently.

I guess the engine mounts were broken prior to me buying the car, hence needed replacing. I bought the car about a year ago (privately) and the problem has been present since then.

It had disappeared for a while thanks to an 'air pipe' being replaced during the service, but has returned with a vengeance!! I have a video of the problem which I can email (if it helps).

Thanks
Old 14-08-12, 10:48 AM   #5

could be egr stuck open slightly or vac leak or split air hose even the maf sensor. have you looked on planet for error codes to point us in the right direction. if you dont have planet have a look here for someone close who might help you.

https://www.peugeotforums.com/forums/...anet-map-7734/

Last edited by bridplumber; 14-08-12 at 10:53 AM.
bridplumber is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 14-08-12, 03:28 PM   #6

Niz hi, on this forum are documented steps for doing an injector leak off test, these can be found via the search box top of page. I would seriously consider doing this as its cheap and easy to do and could well be relevant to your problem.

407s 110 1.6 HDI retrofitted cruise+limiter
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
sterion75 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 14-08-12, 06:19 PM   #7
jmkent

Agree with sterion.... I'd also be looking at injectors. Probably wouldn't show a fault (mine didn't) but I had an issue with no.3 which meant the car war idling rough when cold.
  Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 16-08-12, 09:25 AM   #8
Niz
Inactive User

Thanks guys. Will take a look and do the necessary tests as requested. Will update once I know the situation.

Update with regards to the dealer problem, they have today collected the car, given me a new 208 to drive, and agreed to diagnose the problem for free, due to their incompetence the first time around. And all this because I complained. So let's see if they find anything this time.......

Once again, thanks to all those who took the time to reply. Much appreciated.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in