Advice please on Using Peugeot Planet Config - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > Peugeot Tuning & Modifications > Bodyshop Techniques & Modifications
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 25-05-15, 08:36 PM   #1
Inactive User

Default Advice please on Using Peugeot Planet Config

Advice required please on configerating RD4 stereo on a 55plate 307.
After a BSI and ECU swop, everything went perfect except when the stereo is switched on its beeps loudly. After looking on this forum I have found out it needs configerating to the cars Vin. I have a colleague with Peugeot Planet, we have activated a couple of items on the car which were missing from the donor BSI but we can't work out how to configure the RD4 stereo to the car. We have adjusted the car to its original vin in the BSI menu hoping that would work but no joy, stereo still beeping. In the radio menu it is showing "present".

Anybody with Peugeot Planet experience who can advise how to do it would be greatly appreciated otherwise it's a visit to the main dealers with a 50 bill !

Cheers Ian
Focus66 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 25-05-15, 10:26 PM   #2

The easy way is go into replacement parts and follow the menu but it is a standard radio you are fitting NOT a cd player even if it is a single cd player !!

other option is to go into radio menu in ecu list then configuration you then input the vin stored in your BSI and hit configure f1 I think it will then shut up !

You may have problems if you have changed the stored vin though as it will still be wrong as you have now discovered !
Old 26-05-15, 05:18 AM   #3
Inactive User

Ok thanks for the reply, I shall have a 2nd go at this later in the week and report back. Would it be easier if the donor vin was put back into the BSI configuration or stick with what we have and just go ahead with the radio Config as the vehicle is set up now ?
Focus66 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 26-05-15, 08:32 AM   #4

I would keep the vin stored in the BSI as whatever it originally had then code the radio to suit as otherwise there may be a conflict as im not sure changing the vin shown in the BSI actually does change the vin stored in the BSI memory but I have never actually tried so I don't know for sure.
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in