407 SW leather electric seats - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > Peugeot Tuning & Modifications > Bodyshop Techniques & Modifications
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Like Tree3Likes
  • 3 Post By trem1

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-10-18, 04:38 PM   #1

Default 407 SW leather electric seats

got cloth manual - switched to electric leather what can I do please...

I cant adjust the seats and some idiot has them bent over....can I short them with Battery and wire at all just to adjust the seats to a sitting position ?
Darrenmma is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-10-18, 04:58 PM   #2

BE VERY CAREFUL, they have airbags in IE: explosives
So your in the process of changing from cloth manual to electric leather ?? is that right
windy1603, mooi1uk and noddy-hol like this.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2004 Iron Grey 136bhp 2.0 hdi SE .........Written off
2006 Icelandic Grey 136bhp 2.0HDI SE......Written off
2006 Silver 136bhp 2.0hdi SE......Current car
Join us on FB "Peugeot 407 uk"
trem1 is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-10-18, 05:09 PM   #3

You should find on most models the airbag harnesses are yellow as a good warning however as above caution needed. The airbag connectors also have shorting bars in them so use a fuse in you power leads so as not to dead short the battery and smoke the wiring if incorrectly connected.

If the seats are like the 307 then 90% or the wiring is in the seat and there are only two or three leads that you connect the power too. You may be able to trace it back from the adjuster switches

Old 08-10-18, 11:47 PM   #4

So basically the seats in the car holes in and terrible so sourced some
Seats cheap then realised these are electric and I csnr adjust sitting position .....I hVs little experience fitting seats and airbag stuff lol yeh don’t wanna go flying tbf lol —— there js a lot of wiring on the seats and one connect does matchup green connector but other doesn’t and I no clue about wiring car Ian 407 sw se I was thinking if worst considering to worst could I connect a battery to wires to move the chairs into a decent position if why won’t hook up to the car properly
Quote:
Originally Posted by trem1 View Post
BE VERY CAREFUL, they have airbags in IE: explosives
So your in the process of changing from cloth manual to electric leather ?? is that right
Darrenmma is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in