407 Coupe Damage - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > Peugeot Tuning & Modifications > Bodyshop Techniques & Modifications
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 19-03-13, 07:12 PM   #1
Inactive User

Default 407 Coupe Damage

Hi all,

Gutted, I discovered this damage on my coupe today

I'm not exactly sure what to do about it, nobody has left a note, it clearly looks like a red car, I'm so angry that they've just buggered off without leaving anything.

I drove to work today oblivious because its on the passenger side but it must have happened last night, because at work i have a space next to a wall on that side and its protected, plus someone would have seen it and let me know.

can anyone who knows about bodywork give me an idea on the damage? the door looks shagged and the rear panel has taken damage too
Matt HDi is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 19-03-13, 07:14 PM   #2
Inactive User

More pics

Old 19-03-13, 07:21 PM   #3

A decent body shop should be able to salvage the rear panel rather than replacing it but it is probably gonna be a new door.
storeman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 19-03-13, 07:33 PM   #4

I'm gutted for you Matt.
Only thing i can think to say is report it to police and take it to a bodyshop (dont know whereabouts you are) see what the cost is gonna be then maybe call your insurance company if the cost is too great for you to pay yourself

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2004 Iron Grey 136bhp 2.0 hdi SE .........Written off
2006 Icelandic Grey 136bhp 2.0HDI SE......Written off
2006 Silver 136bhp 2.0hdi SE......Current car
Join us on FB "Peugeot 407 uk"
trem1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 19-03-13, 07:50 PM   #5
Inactive User

Thanks, will the police be able to do anything? no witnesses have come forward so its gonna be hard to trace the culprit

how much is body work likely to cost, a new door is gonna be pretty steep isnt it? I'm in Birmingham
Old 19-03-13, 07:57 PM   #6

the way i understand it is if you have an accident and nobody is injured you must still report it to the police within 24 hours. now i know its a long shot but got to be worth a try, also whoever did this may have had other collisions in your area and the police will need to know to build a possible case against them.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2004 Iron Grey 136bhp 2.0 hdi SE .........Written off
2006 Icelandic Grey 136bhp 2.0HDI SE......Written off
2006 Silver 136bhp 2.0hdi SE......Current car
Join us on FB "Peugeot 407 uk"
trem1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 19-03-13, 08:48 PM   #7
Inactive User

I'll get on and report it then, I've just found that my excess is 750!

what sort of figure would i be looking at for a decent body shop to fix this?
Old 19-03-13, 09:10 PM   #8
davidireland

Default Re: 407 Coupe Damage

Be prepared. They'll probably want to fit a door and quarter panel. We sold a new quarter panel for a 307cc lately and it was 2500 plus vat.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
  Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 19-03-13, 09:24 PM   #9

I would be looking at sourcing a replacement door from a scrapyard or ebay. Even one the wrong colour could be repainted for a fraction of the price of a new door, preparing & painting then gutting the old door and fitting all the parts to the new one especially if you did all the prep work first. A good bodyshop would have the correct gear for pulling out the worst of the dent in the rear panel leaving some relatively minor cosmetic work to finish it off.

The problem with bodywork is that it is labour intensive and not something that can be rushed so even a simple ding cost a couple of hundred to put right. It's gonna cost plenty either way so even with a 750 excess, it may be worth going through the insurance which will require reporting to the police and obtaining an incident number.

How will a claim affect your no claims bonus ? You would have to factor in the increased premiums for the next 5 - 7 years and add that to your excess to truly see if you would save enough money in making a claim.

The only way you are going to get any real idea of cost is to get a bodyshop to give you an estimate.
storeman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 19-03-13, 09:34 PM   #10
Inactive User

bare door PEUGEOT 407 COUPE BLACK N/S PASSENGER SIDE BARE DOOR SHELL / PANEL | eBay

there isn't many doors on ebay but they ones that are on are going for around the 200 mark
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in