406 coupe paint match - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > Peugeot Tuning & Modifications > Bodyshop Techniques & Modifications
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-07-13, 11:03 PM   #1
Inactive User

Default 406 coupe paint match

Hi All
I am looking for touch up paint for my 406 coupe Black/silver but having no luck. Went down to halfords with the code NXVC but they never heard of it.
Went to another paint shop who boasted they have an international database but still no luck. can anybody help?
kawasaki1100 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-07-13, 06:26 PM   #2

I did some digging at work today and I think you MIGHT have the paint code wrong. I did come up with another code which is very similar - EXVC, Noir Granit - it's a 2002-2004 black if I remember correctly, and it was exclusively on 406 and 406 coupes. As for the silver, I can only guess at that as being EXL - a very common silver on a vast range of Peugeot and Citroen cars over the last decade or so.

I tried two different paint systems, and both of them cover everything from commercial, international standard, and car, motorcycle and truck colours from every corner of the globe so I'm fairly confident. Hope this helps.
Old 03-07-13, 08:04 PM   #3
Inactive User

Default Paint colour

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidireland View Post
Doesn't sound right. The paint code is written on the right front suspension turret in yellow paint on the early coupes or newer ones have it on a sticker.
I always thought the code was on the suspension turret but found it on the drivers door, a sticker with NXVC and tyre type and tyre pressures on the same sticker.

Old 03-07-13, 09:42 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by kawasaki1100 View Post
I always thought the code was on the suspension turret but found it on the drivers door, a sticker with NXVC and tyre type and tyre pressures on the same sticker.
Older cars have the code on the strut top, then it moved to the drivers A post - now they're putting them on the door edges, sometimes drivers, sometimes passenger. The 4 letter code at the bottom of the tyre pressure sticker is, 100%, the colour code.

To be honest, it's the middle two letters which are most important - EYLC is what's on my 306 but at work, EYL or YL work just as well. Not sure why yours starts with an N - it's almost always an E - the C isn't important at all - it means that there's clearcoat (or lacquer) over the paint. The only thing I can think of is that it MIGHT be a special code for a two-tone car - I've personally never seen a two tone pug from the factory so it's possible I've just never had to mix the paint for one. Seems odd though that a paint company the size of ICI have no trace of it either....

EDIT: Having said that, just found this page - 406 Coupe Owners Club which does confirm your colour code. My best guess would be that the black is EXVC and the silver is EVWC, purely based on the fact that those appear to be the black and silver on 406 coupes....

SECOND EDIT: Is your car actually silver and black, or is it one of the "silver and black" special editions where silver and black is the name, not the colour?

Last edited by BigSlavey; 03-07-13 at 09:51 PM.
BigSlavey is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-07-13, 11:33 PM   #5
Inactive User

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigSlavey View Post
Older cars have the code on the strut top, then it moved to the drivers A post - now they're putting them on the door edges, sometimes drivers, sometimes passenger. The 4 letter code at the bottom of the tyre pressure sticker is, 100%, the colour code.

To be honest, it's the middle two letters which are most important - EYLC is what's on my 306 but at work, EYL or YL work just as well. Not sure why yours starts with an N - it's almost always an E - the C isn't important at all - it means that there's clearcoat (or lacquer) over the paint. The only thing I can think of is that it MIGHT be a special code for a two-tone car - I've personally never seen a two tone pug from the factory so it's possible I've just never had to mix the paint for one. Seems odd though that a paint company the size of ICI have no trace of it either....

EDIT: Having said that, just found this page - 406 Coupe Owners Club which does confirm your colour code. My best guess would be that the black is EXVC and the silver is EVWC, purely based on the fact that those appear to be the black and silver on 406 coupes....

SECOND EDIT: Is your car actually silver and black, or is it one of the "silver and black" special editions where silver and black is the name, not the colour?
I think its called silver/black because its a metalic black colour, thats just my own interpretation of it and i stand to be corrected. I might try a sample of EYLC on it, i mean it cant be that far out. LOL
Old 04-07-13, 06:29 PM   #6
Inactive User

Default paint

Try a dealers, Cheaper than Halfords
bobby2000 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-07-13, 08:07 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by kawasaki1100 View Post
I might try a sample of EYLC on it, i mean it cant be that far out. LOL
Oh but it can - EYLC is a bluish silver! You need EXVC....

IF you buy it here - Car Touch-up paint - vast majority of colours available | eBay - it's about 50/50 that I'll be mixing it personally lol - totally up to you though
Old 04-07-13, 08:35 PM   #8
Inactive User

Ok thanks.i will give that one a try. Does the touch up paint come with lacquer mixed in or do i have to buy on it own?
Old 04-07-13, 09:17 PM   #9

The ones we sell are literally 25-30ml's of the exact basecoat paint we'd sell to any bodyshop so no, there's no lacquer. We don't do the clear through the post as it's considered hazardous material and we'd have to send it by a secure courier which is stupid money (something like 18 delivery on a 3 item doesn't make sense to most people) but you can use pretty much any clear lacquer designed for car use.
Old 09-07-13, 07:13 AM   #10
chopper1192

Dealer will sell you a set with lacquer for about 14, and it'll be the best match you'll get anywhere.
  Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in