Bipper PSA Transponder key programming - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > Peugeot Models > Vans > Bipper
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By trustme

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 17-04-19, 10:06 AM   #1

Default Bipper PSA Transponder key programming

HI All

I really hope you can clear a few things up regarding key programming.

first of all to be clear i am talking about transponder pairing if that the right terminology, the van doesn't have a remote or central locking so just the immobilizer side of things

So history is i purchased this 2010 bipper van with some electrical faults, eventually traced to the engine wiring loom i have repaired the 8 damaged cable that were giving me some engine management faults. all running great now and just MOT'd it.

So when i got the van it was explained that the keys were not around and a guy had fitted a switch for the ignition and a push button to start. Not a problem i have done a similar thing in the past on older cars, but i am aware of a transponder immobilizer system and was told when i asked about this that it had been "coded out" after looking into this i found this was not the case and found a key under the dash fastened to the pick up coil (however this key did not fit any of the locks).

Ok now you understand that, the situation i am now in is that i have fitted a full lock set and now mechanically the vehicle is secure, so going forward i would like to know the correct route to sort the key pairing out so more questions as these seam a little contradicted on the forum.

The key from the new lock set i presume has a transponder in it as there is a symbol on the key blade, but i will need to remove the working transponder and fit this in the spare key and fit a case as its a flip blade.

1) Can i connect to the BSI on the bipper (with the s1279 & pp2000)
2) Will i need to break the pairing with the working key to allow the new key to pair or can i add a new key and keep the origonal it.
3) are the transponders a one use or can they re relearned
4) if i need new transponder are they ID46 type (i am happy to post the VIN if required)
5) I have a Key card with the Van and i have a new one with the lock set
if i can pair is the code needed for the new transponder or the original to unlock the ECU?
6)or do you think the best route would be to clone the working transponder to the new key? If this is possible.

thanks
Scott
Scottmac is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 17-04-19, 12:11 PM   #2

Bipper is fiat based most of the electrics are also fiat so you will most likely need to program the key using the fiat system although the key may well have a peugeot emblem !

Transponders can be recoded to the SAME vehicle only they cannot be coded to a different vehicle
You need to use the access code for the vehicle but as above a used key cannot be coded to another vehicle unless a blank chip is fitted to it first ALL keys need recoded at same time.

DO LOTS of reading before trying it make sure you are doing it right !
Old 21-04-19, 05:03 AM   #3

It is on a fiat system

It is id46

Fiat keys have a code written on the before they program, e.g. go to fiat buy new key for that vehicle it will only program to that vehicle, it will not work on another vehicle.... Peugeot (Not a fiat based Peugeot) are not precoded so you buy a new key for a Peugeot and you can used it on another car but once programmed that's it can't be reused.

Just take chip/pcb out of key under steering wheel and put in new key, I can cut new keys to fit old chips in
windy1603 likes this.
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in