Peugeot Forums banner

RT6 update 2012 508SW from 2..21.A.1

12K views 5 replies 2 participants last post by  Nas80 
#1 ·
Hi all,

I'm trying to find the download links and procedure to update my RT6 from RNEG 2.21.A.1 to the latest 2.86B, maps and speed camera updates.

I've been reading that I need to do it in a specific order as I have an older firmware version, 2.85 first I think.

Can anyone please advise?

Thanks all.

#2 ·
Your best bet is to get a dealer to update as you need the unit to be loaded with a new calibration file after the update or you will suffer from echo on bluetooth

#3 ·
Thanks for the quick reply.

Isn't there a calibration file that I can get or make some edits to? I'm used to editing code etc (programmer).

I did call the dealer initially to ask about the software update, but they wouldn't give me a price/quote for it.

Any idea how much they would charge for it?

#4 ·
So just got off the phone to another local dealer and they didn't have a clue what I was on about.

They kept insisting I can update the maps from their website. I told them I knew I could do that, but I need the RT6/head-unit software that a dealer needs to do. They really didn't have a clue and still insisted that I didn't know what I was saying.

Either way, they didn't want my custom. So one local dealer won't give me a quote for it and another refuses acknowledge that it's possible.

So I'm back to doing it myself!

#5 ·
The last reply on this thread shows a picture of the update CD with the calibration file update details, so dealers should know.

https://www.peugeotforums.com/forums/508-2011-18-76/rt6-firmware-update-2-85-a-130025/index14.html

I had to get mine after the update but was lucky that my son works in dealership which covers Peugeot so he managed to do the calibration file update one lunchtime for me.

If you can find someone with the same car (calibration files are model and trim level specific) you maybe able to dump files from unit using Mirascripts and then try and find which one is the calibration file and write back to your unit, however it may brick it as well if its the wrong file

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.