307 RT4 sat nav signal - Page 3 - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > Peugeot Tuning & Modifications > Audio (Sound) and Multimedia
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Like Tree1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 16-04-15, 08:59 AM   #21

Hi

It could be the antenna, or the headunit itself, the only way to find out is to replace the antenna and see what happens.
Once you fit the new antenna and you still don't get signal, it means the headunit is faulty
I see you have ordered one on eBay, this will be posted for you tomorrow

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
m3mpower is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 21-04-15, 02:37 PM   #22

Default Antenna placement

Hi m3mPower,

The antenna has just arrived! Speedy deliver - thanks for that. Before I open it I was wondering if you have a suggestion as to where to place the antenna? Does it have to be in view of the sky or could I hide it behind the center console in the cockpit?
m3mpower likes this.
reastham is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 21-04-15, 02:53 PM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by reastham View Post
Hi m3mPower,

The antenna has just arrived! Speedy deliver - thanks for that. Before I open it I was wondering if you have a suggestion as to where to place the antenna? Does it have to be in view of the sky or could I hide it behind the center console in the cockpit?
Hi reastham

Here is what i suggest, before placing the antenna, just fit it on the roof, through the window, placing the magnetic base on the roof, with the white face facing the ground.
Then take the car for a drive, you may have to reset the headunit by long pressing DARK for 15 seconds.

If the unit picks up the signal, then you can fit the antenna in the right place, i put the cable through the A pillar, then the magnetic base under the roof, between the roof lining, always with the white side facing down, and the base as close as possible to metal roof.

If the unit does not pick up signal, it means you have a faulty RT4 headunit.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 27-04-15, 03:12 PM   #24

Hi m3mPower,

I fitted the antenna this weekend - I did what you said... I plugged the antenna in - placed it on the roof and drove around for a while. The good news is that the RT4 registered seeing satellites (between 4 and 6 most of the time).

But the bad news is that it seems to have difficulty following where the car is. So if its parked up, it can locate correctly, but whilst moving, it registers maybe once a minute. Also when the screen updates it always seems to point in the opposite direction of travel - so for example if we are driving out of town - the sat nav points like we are driving into town. -maybe this is what it confusing it..

I placed the antenna as best I could - the wires go up the a-pillar above the seat belt, over the passenger door and onto the roof - between the roof and the lining. Unfortunately, the lead was not long enough to be placed in the center of the roof due to the panoramic glass roof. The white part was placed downwards.

After fitting and it continuing to not work - I removed it partially and placed it magnetized to the outside if the roof; Rotating it in different directions made no difference to the performance of the antenna and so I placed it back under the roof lining.

Do you have any other suggestions on how to correct the fault. Would it be worth unplugging the power from the RT4 overnight? Can I do a factory reset to re-install the original software (event though it used to work after I updated the software)

Thanks in advance
Old 27-04-15, 04:53 PM   #25

Quote:
Hi m3mPower,

I fitted the antenna this weekend - I did what you said... I plugged the antenna in - placed it on the roof and drove around for a while. The good news is that the RT4 registered seeing satellites (between 4 and 6 most of the time).

But the bad news is that it seems to have difficulty following where the car is. So if its parked up, it can locate correctly, but whilst moving, it registers maybe once a minute. Also when the screen updates it always seems to point in the opposite direction of travel - so for example if we are driving out of town - the sat nav points like we are driving into town. -maybe this is what it confusing it..

I placed the antenna as best I could - the wires go up the a-pillar above the seat belt, over the passenger door and onto the roof - between the roof and the lining. Unfortunately, the lead was not long enough to be placed in the center of the roof due to the panoramic glass roof. The white part was placed downwards.

After fitting and it continuing to not work - I removed it partially and placed it magnetized to the outside if the roof; Rotating it in different directions made no difference to the performance of the antenna and so I placed it back under the roof lining.

Do you have any other suggestions on how to correct the fault. Would it be worth unplugging the power from the RT4 overnight? Can I do a factory reset to re-install the original software (event though it used to work after I updated the software)

Thanks in advance
Hi reastham

If the RT4 is picking up satellites, it means the antenna is OK, and the RT4 is OK.
You can do a reset by long pressing the DARK button until the RT4 restarts, or of course you can disconnect the battery for a few minutes to reset everything.
Based on what you are saying, i would say you have a faulty wheel speed (ABS) sensor, it's not transmitting the correct speed at which you are travelling to the BSI and therefore the RT4 doesn't know where you are.
Does the fault come up on the screen ?

Old 28-04-15, 10:01 AM   #26

You clearly know your stuff m3mPower!

About 6 weeks ago, I got up early to check the tyre pressures' before heading to the airport for a holiday and all of a sudden two warnings appeared on the screen upon start-up - an ABS Error and ESP error

I was not impressed by the timing, nor the fact that both appeared at the same time but because of this, I thought the two errors must be connected.

I have yet to take it to a garage as I have been waiting for my friend to return my OBD connector. It has been about 6 weeks now so it seems he has lost it.

I just wanted to go to a garage with an idea of what was wrong.

I have looked up replacing the ABS sensors myself but I'm not sure this is an enthusiastic-amateur-mechanic job or not - nor do I know which sensor needs replacing as my 'friend' is a douche bag!
Old 28-04-15, 11:00 AM   #27

Quote:
You clearly know your stuff m3mPower!

About 6 weeks ago, I got up early to check the tyre pressures' before heading to the airport for a holiday and all of a sudden two warnings appeared on the screen upon start-up - an ABS Error and ESP error

I was not impressed by the timing, nor the fact that both appeared at the same time but because of this, I thought the two errors must be connected.

I have yet to take it to a garage as I have been waiting for my friend to return my OBD connector. It has been about 6 weeks now so it seems he has lost it.

I just wanted to go to a garage with an idea of what was wrong.

I have looked up replacing the ABS sensors myself but I'm not sure this is an enthusiastic-amateur-mechanic job or not - nor do I know which sensor needs replacing as my 'friend' is a douche bag!
You will need Diagbox to determine which sensor is faulty, then you'll have to replace that sensor, and the RT4 will be working perfectly then.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in