206 Dashboard mounted Audio display - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > Peugeot Tuning & Modifications > Audio (Sound) and Multimedia
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By IanML

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 14-12-15, 09:29 AM   #1
Inactive User

Default 206 Dashboard mounted Audio display

I am looking for some advice, I have recently purchased an 04 Quicksilver 206 for a cheap commuting car. I was thinking of in time replacing the factory fitted radio to allow MP3 connectivity or even to a DAB radio.

What I am wondering is if there are any adaptors or radios out there that will work with the dashboard mounted display? I suspect that this feature will become redundant once an after market radio is fitted, however it would be good to have my suspicions confirmed.

Thank you in advance.
M_Hendo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 14-12-15, 11:13 AM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by M_Hendo View Post
... What I am wondering is if there are any adaptors or radios out there that will work with the dashboard mounted display?
Well, yes there is. The Yatour.

It will work only with your Peugeot radio, as it emulates the Peugeot CD changer. You can have as many folders on your SD Card/USB stick as the radio has numbered buttons, and umpteen tracks per folder. The dashboard display shows each folder as a numbered CD, and shows the playing track by number. Obeys all the CD controls on radio and the stalk. Functions perfectly and sound quality is superb.

You will need Peugeot Planet to configure the radio for CD changer, unless it already has that done - two minute job.

One proviso: It works with all RD3 radios except Clarion PU2471A RD3-01 (don't know why). I bought a VDU RD3-01 on EBay for 14, configured it into the car (another two minute job with Planet) and have never looked back.
erick-r likes this.
IanML is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 14-12-15, 11:42 AM   #3

> and umpteen tracks per folder.

99. You can have as many MP3 per folder as audio tracks on a CD.

There is a module for the YT07 to add bluetooth A2DP and AVRCP, getting audio and calls from your smartphone into the head unit. Radio and Stalk buttons work as expected.

There's also a YT-BTA with only Bluetooth and AUX in, but it supports multiple smartphones (and two active connections any given time).
daedric is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 14-12-15, 02:12 PM   #4
Inactive User

I never bothered with getting the dashboard screen to work in my 206, it does me fine just acting as a clock with the date. However i do have an adapter that i bought for my JVC headunit that works with the steering wheel controls. I suppose as suggested there are ways to remedy this but half the time i don't even look at it. I just ram a CD in my JVC unit or connect my phone and drive the car lol - It's a lovely little thing to drive on bendy roads, tricky this time of year with the ice and whatnot but it's handled the snow earlier this month brilliantly.
Old 14-12-15, 02:14 PM   #5

As Daedric says, 99 tracks per folder. This is a limitation of the radio using only 2 digits for the track number. You can put as many folders on but you can only access as many as you have numbered buttons.

If you go down the route of an aftermarket head unit you should only lose the stereo information from the display with everything else not affected. You can retain the remote stalk if the radio is compatible and you get the correct adapter loom.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
storeman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 14-12-15, 02:28 PM   #6
Inactive User

Forgot to mention the screen still works fine, i.e front left door open etc..etc..
It just doesn't display anything radio related. Though i did have an issue once i replaced the stereo with an aftermarket that everything on the display became garbled, had to do a BSI reset to sort that out. Just bear that in mind, it did for mine but whether it will on yours or not i can't exactly say.
Old 14-12-15, 04:42 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by storeman View Post
As Daedric says, 99 tracks per folder. This is a limitation of the radio using only 2 digits for the track number. You can put as many folders on but you can only access as many as you have numbered buttons.

If you go down the route of an aftermarket head unit you should only lose the stereo information from the display with everything else not affected. You can retain the remote stalk if the radio is compatible and you get the correct adapter loom.
It's actually a limit of the format, Compact Disc Digital Audio can only support 99 tracks per disc. True, each track can have indexes, but almost no device supports anything behond the first index of each track.

Considering the 99 limit per CD, and the 6 buttons of most Peugeot radios, you get 594 tracks. My biggest gripe with this method, is actually organizing stuff on the USB device So, Bluetooth for the win.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LS1997 View Post
Forgot to mention the screen still works fine, i.e front left door open etc..etc..
It just doesn't display anything radio related. Though i did have an issue once i replaced the stereo with an aftermarket that everything on the display became garbled, had to do a BSI reset to sort that out. Just bear that in mind, it did for mine but whether it will on yours or not i can't exactly say.
Well, everytime you plug and unplug this, or with aftermarket devices tapping into the VAN/CAN network (the stalk commands go through the com2000 into the head unit via van/can network) you have certain risks... better to unplug the battery first
daedric is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 16-12-15, 05:32 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by daedric View Post
It's actually a limit of the format, Compact Disc Digital Audio can only support 99 tracks per disc. True, each track can have indexes, but almost no device supports anything behond the first index of each track.
The instructions for one device I bought showed it connected to a head unit which used 3 digits for the track number and stated it could accept 999 tracks per folder - this wasn't a Peugeot head unit though.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
storeman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in