A Christmas Message - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > Announcements, Comments, Help > Announcements
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Like Tree10Likes
  • 1 Post By Beau
  • 1 Post By stevoxsi
  • 2 Post By Gibbo
  • 2 Post By noddy-hol
  • 2 Post By windy1603
  • 2 Post By mooi1uk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-12-18, 04:33 PM   #1
Administrator

Default A Christmas Message

Hi all,

Christmas will soon be here again and the end of another year.

It's therefore time for me to let you know what's been happening to on our forum during 2018 and look towards 2019.

I told you last Christmas that 2017 was the record year for new members signing up and hoped, now that the whole forum has been refreshed, this would continue in 2018.

I am pleased to report that 2018 is our new record year, almost 10% up on 2017. Surely these increases can't continue, but with Peugeot bringing out new models and new Generations of existing models, I think records may be broken again next year.

Another huge positive is the members who are joining are posting more than historically. Of course, there are still many who join for help and advice that, once given, are never heard from again, but more are now staying on the forum and getting a good post count.

This is down to you all making them feel welcome and interacting well with these new members.

About six months ago, we had a bad month for spam bots and Chinese marketing reps focussing on our site hoping to sell their wares by blanket posting.

I even had to add a new layer to our ad/spam blocker to foil them plus I know your Moderation team checked every new members post to ensure they didn't get anything on to the Forum to spoil your experience and enjoyment.

Your Mod team led by Stevoxsi, (Stevo), have again excelled themselves this year and, to a man, have shared every aspect of keeping the site updated, focussed, informative but most of all a safe place to be. They bring to years of experience of Peugeots and being on the Forum to help members both new and old with plenty of common sense Moderating all of which they, and I, do for the commitment to the forum and no financial reward....well done guys.

Stevos' Mod team increased earlier this year with Windy and Noddy Hol kindly joining the Staff. Both are very highly respected members and were needed due to the numbers of new members as mentioned before. Thank you both.

I rearranged a couple of sub forums to reflect Peugeots new releases, (Rifter to name one), and regrouped some others to make site navigation easier for everyone.

As always, if anyone has any suggestions on how we can continue to improve the site, please do contact either myself or a Moderator. We understand, unlike a few years ago where it lost its way, the site cannot stand still and must continue to evolve to ensure we are the best site out there for Peugeot enthusiasts.

With all that said, most importantly, we must thank every single one of you, for your support of Peugeotforums.com by continuing to post and sharing you knowledge and advice and making the Forum the community it is today.

I'd like to wish you all a very Merry Christmas and Happy New Year.

Paul

Admin
flechd likes this.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

3008 SUV GT Line 1.2 Auto Nimbus Grey

Last edited by Beau; 09-12-18 at 10:58 PM.
Beau is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-12-18, 09:28 PM   #2
Super Moderator

Hi all,

I just wanted to add a couple of things to Paul's post on behalf of myself and the mod team.

In the time I've been a member here, this has been one of, if not the busiest year for me on the forum, but boy has it been worth it. The whole forum has been refreshed, updated and streamlined and is a pleasure to be a part of.

On top of that we added a couple of new staff members who, along with our existing guys trem1 and Gibbo, have the place running so smoothly there isn't much left to do when I come on! Great job to the mod team and thanks to all the members for being so welcoming, helpful and well behaved! (Most of the time!)

Our other big change to the staff was the promotion of Paul to Admin. Without his hard work we would never be where we are today so well deserved, congratulations and keep up the hard work!

So from myself and the rest of the mods, a very merry Christmas, a happy new year and let's continue to make this the no.1 Peugeot Forum, IN THE WORLD, for 2019 and many years to come!

Stevo
flechd likes this.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Have owned: '00 Speedfight2 50cc '96 106 1.5d Escapade '97 306 1.9d D-turbo '99 306 1.9d D-turbo '03 307 2.0hdi 110 Rapier '06 307 2.0hdi 136 XSI '04 Peugeot 206 2.0hdi XSI
stevoxsi is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 18-12-18, 01:00 PM   #3

I'd like to say a big thank you to all the new members of the newer model Pugs who have contributed so much to their respective sections. Your posts of life with your new cars is invaluable and a great yardstick for potential owners.

And thank you to everyone else. Even though we have a thorough moderating team, we rarely have anything to do other than a bit of housekeeping and tidying of thread titles and broken links. So thank you for not making us referees in internet squabbles.

A peaceful and Happy Christmas all.

Andy
stevoxsi and flechd like this.

Old 18-12-18, 02:15 PM   #4

Hi all...yes this years been fun on the 'forum' and its also nice to get some thanks from 'new members' for 'adjusting/renaming and guiding them to do the right thing...so a Very Merry Christmas for me and for those that dont celebrate Christmas enjoy the quiet time...and peace be with you.....

Jingle bells.....Brian
stevoxsi and flechd like this.

2007.. 407swgt...2018..3008 1.6 thp gt line auto...owned most models since 1985...phew..
noddy-hol is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 18-12-18, 05:40 PM   #5

I have always enjoyed my time on the forum and was more than happy to help with the day to running of the forum.

We have great members, who are always happy to provide help, advice and guidance to old and new members alike. You also all get on well which makes moderating the site a joy.

Hope you and all your families have a great Christmas and prosperous New Year

Steve
noddy-hol and flechd like this.
Old 18-12-18, 07:47 PM   #6

I don't call in very often....I drive a Giulia now. But, thanks for a great forum and wishing you all the best for Christmas and 2019
508GT180 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 18-12-18, 08:39 PM   #7

Thank you for the Christmas Message. I've just had a Christmas Massage in my GT-Line, lovely it was!

CHRISTMAS AND NEW YEAR GREETINGS TO ONE AND ALL.
noddy-hol and flechd like this.

1.6THP GTLine EAT6 Leather+Grip+ACC+O&G+Smart Boot
mooi1uk is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 23-12-18, 01:30 PM   #8

Default Merry Christmas to ALL...

Hi everyone and following on this thread. My 3rd post since I was accepted several hours ago from the other day.

May I have this opportunity too in wishing Beau & Paul (Admins), Stevo, Andy, Brian for their part as Moderators while other most active and diligently interactive PUG fanciers as owners help make this forum a beacon that shares its light and energy-filled details to guide us on what its like to own with pride on our machine(s).... albeit a hatchback, two-seater, stationwagon or sedan to that of a MPV and SUV and sooner than later... the all electric HEV... which I actually wish to have but chose to wait no longer than to go for the SUV 5008 EAT8 (2019) petrol instead on a Private Lease for the very 1st time since I started steering the rudder at the age of 15 years old back in the late 60s.

I am somewhat an anticipative person by nature hence, I've 21 solar panels (glass on glass @ 310-Wp each) up on my roof already since February 2018 thinking I would have bought an EV and being able to charge it up FOC from my own home terminal...
But nooo, on the contrary, I learn that I'm just a weebit early as yet for that all charging EV vehicle to show up. By three years time, it will be and I may also by then have between 60 to 80 panels up on the roof when my lease ends and switching over to the EV eventually and will it be a PUG, who knows.

Merry Christmas to all and a fruitful New Year with the PUG in 2019.

Last edited by flechd; 28-12-18 at 10:58 PM.
flechd is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in