Premium Increases - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > Peugeotforums.com Insurance Section > Adrian Flux insurance
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-11-15, 05:58 PM   #1

Default Premium Increases

My insurance is due next month. The premiums have increased by 30% - why is this?

I'm currenlty paying 200 insurance for a car that's worth 600, with 30 years driving experience and 13 years ncb.

And we wonder why young people drive without insurance - younger drivers must have massive premiums.
clanless is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-11-15, 06:01 PM   #2
Inactive User

i wish i could pay 200 for insurance. being 20, its not easy.

i paid 1700 for insurance on a 700 car so id say you're in a good situation. once below 1k ish the premiums stop being affected by the value of the car
adam19952013 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-11-15, 06:11 PM   #3

My insurance isn't due till next May, It cost me 1200. My postcode is the biggest cause of premium hikes for me along with 25k mileage and business miles cover plus only having 2 years no claims thanks to a hit & run driver who hit me about 3 weeks before I handed my last company car back. No-one to claim against so the accident was deemed to be my fault even though the police were involved. I've been driving for nearly 40 years and at 58 years old it seems a bit steep to me.

I recently put my details into the comparison websites using a 3 year no claims and was pleasantly surprised when the quotes came in at around the 500 mark. The policies that include the data loggers all still come in at around 1500 for the same details which seems really weird seeing as they are supposed to lower your insurance costs.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
storeman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-11-15, 06:38 PM   #4

Insurers have the car drivers by the danglies.

Ah yes, I remember being 20 - I was driving a Morris Marina - and two tone as well - quite sporty back then.

Last edited by clanless; 10-11-15 at 06:40 PM.
Old 11-11-15, 11:24 AM   #5
Site Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by clanless View Post
My insurance is due next month. The premiums have increased by 30% - why is this?

I'm currenlty paying 200 insurance for a car that's worth 600, with 30 years driving experience and 13 years ncb.

And we wonder why young people drive without insurance - younger drivers must have massive premiums.
Hello

Can you please PM me some details and I'll take a look for you

Regards

Dan
Adrian Flux is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-11-15, 11:47 AM   #6

I'll do that now Dan.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in