Wiper problems - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > Peugeot Models > MPVs > 806/807
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 24-01-12, 01:06 PM   #1
Inactive User

Default Wiper problems

More electrical woes with my family bus!

Wipers on fast - works (won't return to rest position when switched off)
Wipers on normal - works (won't return to rest position when switched off)
Wipers on intermittent - doesn't work
Quick single wipe - works (won't return to rest position when switched off)
Windows wash - sprays but no wipers

This problem persists 99% of the time. But if I leave the stick in the intermittent position it will randomly start working every now and again.

I have learnt to live with this but I'm pretty sure it's a black mark on the MOT?

Could this be the wiper relay? If so where is the relay and where could I get a new one from?

Thanks

Dave
rdpearsonuk is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 24-01-12, 04:45 PM   #2
Inactive User

possibly a comm2000 unit fault. (the bit where the stalk goes into). this controls the wipers and other stuff connected to it. about 70 new, but price does vary on features such as auto wipers, auto lights etc.

john_h is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 25-01-12, 08:59 AM   #3
Inactive User

Quote:
Originally Posted by john_h View Post
possibly a comm2000 unit fault. (the bit where the stalk goes into). this controls the wipers and other stuff connected to it. about 70 new, but price does vary on features such as auto wipers, auto lights etc.
Thanks - I was worried someone might say that! I've seen relays mentioned on other forums but not sure if they are "built in" to the comm2000 unit on the 806.

Looked on EuroCarParts and they only offer 1 relay for an 806 but doesn't say what's it's for. I am guessing these are universal - as in any relay will do?
rdpearsonuk is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 20-04-13, 01:42 PM   #4
Inactive User

did you ever solve this problem? was it a relay or the comm
striker is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 24-04-13, 02:32 PM   #5

Wiper relay R7 is built in to the engine fusebox fed by fuse 17, can't see it will be the problem as the wipers work. Defective Coms unit is possible, I think I would check the connections to the wiper motor first especially the earth.
wynb is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 25-04-13, 01:01 PM   #6
Inactive User

Quote:
Originally Posted by wynb View Post
Wiper relay R7 is built in to the engine fusebox fed by fuse 17, can't see it will be the problem as the wipers work. Defective Coms unit is possible, I think I would check the connections to the wiper motor first especially the earth.
sorry to sound stupic but how do i go about doing that..im not great with cars so dont wanna do anything major
striker is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 25-04-13, 03:00 PM   #7

I can't fathom out how the wiper is operated from the engine fusebox diagram, there are actually 2 interconnected relays (R7 & R8) that feed the wipers with two feeds from the Coms unit, what is odd is how one the high amp supplies from one of the relays is earthed. I would start by checking the multi plug into the wiper motor is secure, maybe carefully pull it off and put it back but find out how to release the plug first, you don't want to break it. If that doesn't help I would get the wipers going, switch them off then check if one of the wires feeding the motor has 12 volts as the motor needs a live feed when switched off to enable it to park. If none of the wires have 12 volts then it looks like a problem with the Comms if one is live then it is likely to be the motor. An auto electrician should be able to sort it.
wynb is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-08-14, 08:11 AM   #8
Inactive User

Default wiper problem

I have an 806 with exactly the same symptoms, I have replaced the front motor, same, I have replaced the wiper arm stalk same problem, I have also replaced the rear wiper motor and relay, same, so I have no idea why they don't work, I am not to sure what the comm2000 is any takers? ta, Dave
scuddmann is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-08-14, 08:26 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by scuddmann View Post
I have an 806 with exactly the same symptoms, I have replaced the front motor, same, I have replaced the wiper arm stalk same problem, I have also replaced the rear wiper motor and relay, same, so I have no idea why they don't work, I am not to sure what the comm2000 is any takers? ta, Dave
comm 2000 is the indicators and wiper stalk on the steering wheel, to be honest I cant see it being the comms unit but if you got the comms unit to me then I am more than happy to test as I fix them units
Old 01-08-14, 01:21 PM   #10
Inactive User

Default wipers

Ok, we could try but to have 2 faulty I would have thought unlucky, would the wiper delay relay cause these faults? its not unlive withable just annoying,
cheers, Dave
scuddmann is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in