Washer Pump no voltage - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > Peugeot Models > MPVs > 806/807
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By MyPugHere

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-03-18, 03:08 PM   #1

Default Washer Pump no voltage

I currently have a problem that is identical to this one year old 307 thread
forums/307-38/windscreen-washer-problem-256873

The bottle and pump froze with all the recent bad weather and I made the mistake of trying to use it and blew the 10amp fuse. No problem I thought. Wait for it to thaw, replace the fuse and check then.

It thawed. I replaced the fuse. No pump motor noise. It could be a fatally damaged pump (still highly likely) so I decided to check the voltage at the pump connector.

Took the wheel off, removed the arch cover, lowered the water bottle.

No voltage. It's a dual direction pump to give front and rear wash and is switched by reversing the polarity of the voltage across the 2 wires. Changed meter settings to detect smaller voltages and there is a tiny flicker of a minus and back, but still remains at zero volts.

I would have expected something more significant. I've ordered a new pump anyway as they're cheap of ebay, but reading the 307 thread the lack of voltage is an issue.

Unfortunately the 307 thread OP did not post the final solution and I cannot PM him so does anybody else have any input/thoughts/comments on this problem?

Thanks in advance.
MyPugHere is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 22-03-18, 05:45 PM   #2

Smile

Well I got to the bottom of it. Fuse was ok, but the relay on the fuse board had gone. Unlike a 'normal' car which has plug-in relay modules the Pug is soldered on the board which is sealed for life inside the fuse box sub-assembly.

Oh the joys of an old Pug...

So I got a direct match for the fuse board assembly module (which has the relay surface mounted) from ebay and then spent some time being a contortionist removing the old fuse assembly under the bonnet and installing the 2nd hand (from a 306) in place.

Everything now works 100%.

So if anybody searches and finds this thread just make 101% certain you match the part number and sub reference as there's tons of variants.

Bfn
terry57 likes this.
MyPugHere is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in