timing problems after clutch replacement - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > Peugeot Models > MPVs > 806/807
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 16-11-13, 08:37 AM   #1
Inactive User

Default timing problems after clutch replacement

Hi, have just replaced my DM clutch in my 2.0ltr 807 reg 04 hdi, with a standard type of clutch. Boy what a job and a half.
Engine now starts and ticks over ok. On exeleration the engine is erratic and turbo is erratic , clouds of black smoke. Clutch works fine, engine naff.
Have checked wiring several times.
Can anyone advise me on possible faults and point me in the right direction
Thankyou.
bodge002 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 16-11-13, 09:44 AM   #2

Are you 100% correct flywheel fitted, did you check number of notches etc for crank sensor. Are you also sure crank sensor and wiring is 100% refitted correctly.

Also check also vac hoses and controllers have hoses on correct way round
Old 16-11-13, 09:56 AM   #3
Inactive User

Hi windy, yes double checked from supplier its a Borg beck clutch set and it was located on alinement peg. So I assume that it is the same as one taken off. I will say I did not check against original, I was so exaspirated by that time it was just assembled with a lot of very strange grunts and a lot of unusual speech. Will double chech hoses and vac pipes tomorrow, haveing a lie down in darkened room today. This car is like a 5 year old stroppyvchild. Fighting all the way even though I am tring to make it better.
By the way nice bike.

Old 16-11-13, 12:52 PM   #4

Where is the crank sensor on this is it on the bellhousing or at crank pulley end ?

Basically im asking what engine as there is a choice should be rhw but may not be
reliable406 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 16-11-13, 01:53 PM   #5
Inactive User

Hi, I believe its in the most awkward place poss, ie the bell housing by the gear change mechanism.
Old 16-11-13, 02:00 PM   #6

Ok its an RHW then the fault you describe is probably nothing to do with timing as on these if the timing is too far out they do not start.

Saying that i would remove the crank sensor and check its face as if this was left in while you removed the gearbox it could now be damaged causing a scattery signal to the ecu.

Its not hard to change just remove the airbox loosen the 10mm bolt you DO NOT have to fully remove it once loose enough the sensor rotates and can be liffted out .
reliable406 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 16-11-13, 02:09 PM   #7
Inactive User

Thanks for that I will try and have a look at that. It may be a possible as it was left in when the flywheel was replaced and it was a struggle. Thanks
Old 19-11-13, 02:05 PM   #8

Took me 3 weeks to do the same job on our 2.2, what a lightweight, that's me not you. Don't know how I would have managed without the gearbox suspended on the wing brace bar on some rope. Did you use the hook on the factory supplied wheelbrace to engage the clutch release bearing in the pressure plate, one tool I did not have to make.
Your car was running fine until the job so it must be something you have done or not done or fitted to cause the current trouble. Black smoke is usually too much fuel or too little air, is the turbo plumbing connected up correctly and is the turbo spinning freely?
wynb is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 19-11-13, 07:58 PM   #9

Maybe worth checking timing (not that bad to get top cover off on 807) as if you did not have flywheel locked when removing clutch/flywheel bolts and engine was turned backwards there is a slight chance belt skipped a few teeth but as reliable says should have other symptoms non-start or engine light on.
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in