seat belt/airbag light problem - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > Peugeot Models > MPVs > 806/807
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 26-05-13, 01:04 PM   #1
Inactive User

Default seat belt/airbag light problem

hi, so my 807 was involved in an accident where some airbags deployed and seat belts locked. Since then ive had the airbags replaced, the seatbelts replaced and the airbag ecu reset to remove the crash data. However, my airbag light is still on. I called a diagnostics guy over who told me the computer was showing a fault on the 1st and 2nd row righthandside pretensioners. Now these were the 2 seatbelts that had previously been locked but had since been replaced. He also said that the seat belt buckles may have pretensioners and may have to be replaced aswell and that may be my problem.

I understand the front seat buckle needing to be replaced as there is a wire coming out from the buckle, but the 2nd row seats are removable and there is no wire coming from the buckle. Does anyone have any idea what the fault could be.

Thanks
tahir is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 26-05-13, 01:21 PM   #2

Wiring to the 2 offending pretensioners may be faulty.

There are no airbag systems on the seats themselves as you rightly say it is all in the body side of the belts IE the parts you replaced

If you fitted the cleared ecu before realising the seatbelt tensioners had been fired then it may store the fault again or it may not have been fuly cleared.

What was the nature of the fault still there ie description of the problem.
reliable406 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 26-05-13, 01:38 PM   #3
Inactive User

Thanks for your reply, i replaced all the parts before the airbag ecu was fitted. The fault that came on the diagnostic machine was "Row 1 and 2 right-hand pretensioner in series fault".

I was also checking the car right now and found that the rear seatbelt in question didnt have one end bolted to the car, ie. the bolt that is usually visible on one end of the seatbelt was not on. I have just fitted that. Coud that have been the problem with that particular seatbelt.

Also, the drivers seatbelt buckle does have a wire coming out of it, doesnt this indicate a buckle pretensioner?

Old 26-05-13, 01:47 PM   #4

Wire on drivers buckle will be for the light on dash to tell you to put your belt on but drivers seat and front passenger seat MAY have pretensioners on the buckles some do some do not

I have a 2004 fiat version here and it does not have pretensioners on front seats although these are the rotating type of seats a fixed non rotating one might have tensioners.

Not being bolted to the car should not matter.
reliable406 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 26-05-13, 02:09 PM   #5
Inactive User

Oh right, that makes sense. I have a 2007 peugeot 807 and it has the rotating seats aswell. How would you know if there was a pretensioner on it?

Apart from that I will recheck the wiring, any other ideas?
Old 26-05-13, 05:55 PM   #6
Inactive User

SOLVED - I opened up the trim for the rear seat belt to see the wiring and realised the mechanic hadn't changed the seatbelt. The belt had unlocked after deploying so my mechanic probably thought it didnt need changing. I changed the belt myself and the airbag light has turned off. So relieved . A big thanks to reliable406 for all your help.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in