Rattling from the rear.... FIXED - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > Peugeot Models > MPVs > 806/807
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 18-09-13, 12:49 PM   #1

Default Rattling from the rear.... FIXED

Plagued by rattling from somewhere in the rear for the last couple of months, checked the spare wheel, exhaust, heat shields, tanks, cables ...nothing, clanging persisted. I even got the family to climb into the back and jump up and down with me underneath without finding the cause. I decided to disconnect the shock absorbers thinking they might have broken up internally and look what removal of the drivers side rear wheel revealed, a detached disc shield. Don't understand why drivers side fractured and passenger side still intact. Bit of a job to replace as the hub had to be removed but well worth it. New shield from Peugeot 15.00 plus VAT.
Attached Thumbnails
img_2740.jpg   img_2741.jpg  
wynb is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 18-09-13, 01:00 PM   #2
pr1vatepiles

Quote:
Originally Posted by wynb View Post
Plagued by rattling from somewhere in the rear for the last couple of months, checked the spare wheel, exhaust, heat shields, tanks, cables ...nothing, clanging persisted. I even got the family to climb into the back and jump up and down with me underneath without finding the cause. I decided to disconnect the shock absorbers thinking they might have broken up internally and look what removal of the drivers side rear wheel revealed, a detached disc shield. Don't understand why drivers side fractured and passenger side still intact. Bit of a job to replace as the hub had to be removed but well worth it. New shield from Peugeot 15.00 plus VAT.
ooo shiny
  Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 18-09-13, 06:07 PM   #3

Pleased you found it but you could have made an effort to clean the caliper up a bit

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
storeman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 19-09-13, 07:41 AM   #4

Your right standards have dropped, that new shield reminds me of the fabrications being lifted out of the zinc bath when I was a driver at the galvanising works in Birmingham in the 70's. The trucks were Bedfords fitted with either V6 or V8 GM Detroit 2 stroke diesels, 4 mpg if you were lucky. The V6's were more peaky than a H1 Kawasaki, a bootful of revs needed to get them off the line otherwise the engine would stall and start to run in the wrong direction so you would go backwards in first!
wynb is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in