Power loss 2.0 HDI - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > Peugeot Models > MPVs > 806/807
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-02-10, 09:50 AM   #1
Inactive User

Default Power loss 2.0 HDI

Help i seem to have a problem with loss of power it almost seams that the turbo isn`t kicking in. There are no warning lights on the dash and seams to disapear over night. I was wondering weather the fuel filter might be blocked as it seams to do it when the tank is showing in the bottom 1/4
simon807 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-02-10, 07:18 PM   #2
Inactive User

yes the first thing i would try is the fuel filter,then if no diffrent try unpluging the mas sensor plug,that will give u a light on dash but if it runs ok it could be a bad or dirty mas sensor,and if no dirent try thr egr valves.
bigboots is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-02-10, 09:11 PM   #3
Inactive User

Thanks for the advice i have recivied the filter today from euro car parts it looks like quite a straight forward job. Is there anthing i should look out for or can i just unscrew the cap replace o ring and filter and prime before starting.

Old 11-02-10, 10:20 PM   #4
Inactive User

Quote:
Originally Posted by simon807
Thanks for the advice i have recivied the filter today from euro car parts it looks like quite a straight forward job. Is there anthing i should look out for or can i just unscrew the cap replace o ring and filter and prime before starting.
remove pipes off filtertop.becarfull you don't break the top as these are very prone to breaking most ppl do just change the whole housing,but it should be ok if you carefull,put new filter in,top back on pipes back on.and if you have a priming bulb pump that .if its like a 307 hdi they are self priming,but before trying to turn it over streight away,turn ignition on wait for the pumps to stop,do that about 3 times then try starting it i will check to c if they are self bleeding just to make sure good luck

Last edited by bigboots; 11-02-10 at 10:23 PM.
bigboots is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 14-02-10, 09:18 PM   #5
Inactive User

Completed the filter charge it only took 10 minites from start to finish.The old filter was very dirty and the car now seems a bit more responsive only time will tell if its sorted the problem.
Old 19-02-10, 08:01 PM   #6
Inactive User

Can`t believe it the cars been running fine all week but on my way home from work it played up again same as before. I`d better have a look at the mas sensor were is it ?
Old 21-04-10, 10:50 AM   #7
Inactive User

mass air flow sensor should be located next to the cars air box,pull the plug off and run the car with this off,it will bring a dash light on.if it runs fine with the air flow unplugged it needs replacing.although with the maf unplugged it will be slightly underpowered.
could also be boost leak or egr problem
tunesideben is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 26-07-10, 10:09 AM   #8
Inactive User

All parts changed and its still losing power. at least now the ECU light is coming on so peugeot might be able to read a code error from the system . Reading up on some of the forums it seams as though the exhaust pressure differencal sensor might be a causing the problem. I rang my local dealer and peugeot now use a different sensor with a few mods to the existing set up is it an easy job to do or should i leave it to the profesionals.
Old 24-01-12, 10:03 AM   #9
Inactive User

Angry

Quote:
Originally Posted by simon807 View Post
All parts changed and its still losing power. at least now the ECU light is coming on so peugeot might be able to read a code error from the system . Reading up on some of the forums it seams as though the exhaust pressure differencal sensor might be a causing the problem. I rang my local dealer and peugeot now use a different sensor with a few mods to the existing set up is it an easy job to do or should i leave it to the profesionals.
So did you ever get to the bottom of the problem? I have the same problem with my 2.0 HDI which has just become apparent and only ever seems to happen when it starts raining, then lasts for a few days when its dried out again!
jimmyboy1980 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 24-01-12, 02:09 PM   #10
Inactive User

I had exactly the same problem as you.

My mechanic tried all sorts - including blocking the EGR off, fuel filters, MAS sensor and checked the turbo was OK. In the end they found an actuator arm broken in one of the gate (exhaust possible?) on the turbo and when they replaced it hey-presto!

Now after months of nice motoring it's back to it's old tricks again

Loathed to go back to the same mechanic and short on funds so could do with knowing how to check that actuator!
rdpearsonuk is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in