Peugeot 807 - Catalytic Converter Fault - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > Peugeot Models > MPVs > 806/807
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-04-12, 05:23 PM   #1
Inactive User

Default Peugeot 807 - Catalytic Converter Fault

Hi

I have a 2003 model 807, 2.0 litre petrol. I have had problems with the Catalytic Converter Fault for many years. I have tried fixing the error a lot of times and have been to a lot of workshops and the common repair is to change the coil or the sparkplugs. This hasent fixed the problem and i am now out of ideas of how to get this solved.

The fault messages only comes during the cold season(winter) when the outside temeprature is below 3 -4 degrees. What happends is that i start the engine and and after aprox 20 seconds the engine displays the error message and it looses all power (feels like it is running on 2 cylinders). When i stop and start the engine angain it runs fine but i have the fault message in the display. The fault normaly disapeers after a couple og weeks but it is anoyning with the sound alarming that there is something wrong.
tgyland is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-04-12, 07:38 PM   #2
davidireland

What are the fault codes? Have a diagnostic check done.
  Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 16-04-12, 11:45 AM   #3
Inactive User

Default Fault diagnose

IO went to the workshop in order to have a diagnose done. The error messages is as follow:

[INTERMITTENT]
[D209][Remote] Dialoge with the auto g/b: Value recieved incorrect

[INTERMITTENT]
[0301] Misfiring on cylinder 1: Not specified

[INTERMITTENT]
[0300] Misfiring on one or more undertermined cylinders: Not specified

A a notice i changed the Coils in 2006, 2008 and 2010. I have changed the spark plungs on evry service but this has not helped on the problem.

Old 16-04-12, 10:45 PM   #4
davidireland

Get the egr checked on this. Think it may be the root of your problem.
Old 18-05-12, 03:20 PM   #5
Inactive User

Default It did not help cleaning the EGR valve

I went to my workshop this week and they cleaned the EGR valve. It only took two days before the problem reappeared. This morning when driving to work the error appeared again and i lost all power in the engine. This happened approximately one minute after i started the car and happened when driving on the road in approximately 40 km/h. I had to stop the car en stop/start in order to get the engine running ok again. But the stupid error message in the display reappeared.
Old 30-07-12, 06:46 PM   #6
Inactive User

Default Anyone able to help me on this?

Anyone able to help me on this
Old 30-07-12, 09:07 PM   #7
davidireland

Did that engine ever run low on oil? is it tappety on the top of the engine when running?
Bad hydraulic tappets can cause a misfire also.
Old 30-07-12, 09:35 PM   #8
Inactive User

Default reply

Tanks for a quick reply. The engine is using some oil. aprx 1 litre pr 4000km and it has happend that the oil level is low.

As i am not a mechanic. What do you meen by: "is it tappety on the top of the engine when running?"
Old 20-02-13, 07:48 PM   #9
Inactive User

Hey there! I got today the same error message and your description matches my situation exactly. I got the error msg and the power of the engine was low. I stopped the engine, then restarted. Msg was there, but the engine behaved normally. After this, the error msg wouldn't show up any more but the yellow engine fault light is on.

I checked oil, and it is low. Filled it up but yes i have been running on low oil, maybe for 1000 km or so. I have owned the car for almost half a year and driven it about 6000km. The oil was normal and I added now 1,5l... So oil consumption is about the same as yours.

And it was today a few degrees below zero here in Helsinki...

This is the first time this showed up. 2006 model 807, 2 litre petrol engine, 75k kilometres.

So if you or anybody else have found a solution, I'd be really glad to know it!
Pandacho is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 20-02-13, 07:56 PM   #10
davidireland

Default Re: Peugeot 807 - Catalytic Converter Fault

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pandacho View Post
Hey there! I got today the same error message and your description matches my situation exactly. I got the error msg and the power of the engine was low. I stopped the engine, then restarted. Msg was there, but the engine behaved normally. After this, the error msg wouldn't show up any more but the yellow engine fault light is on.

I checked oil, and it is low. Filled it up but yes i have been running on low oil, maybe for 1000 km or so. I have owned the car for almost half a year and driven it about 6000km. The oil was normal and I added now 1,5l... So oil consumption is about the same as yours.

And it was today a few degrees below zero here in Helsinki...

This is the first time this showed up. 2006 model 807, 2 litre petrol engine, 75k kilometres.

So if you or anybody else have found a solution, I'd be really glad to know it!
You'll need a diagnostic check done first to find out what actual fault is in the ecu.

Sent from my GT-S5690
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in