no washers/horn and cut wires - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > Peugeot Models > MPVs > 806/807
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 30-04-18, 09:12 PM   #1

Default no washers/horn and cut wires

hi all my 55 plate 2.0 hdi SE i purchased and have done a 6 speed conversion on has some more hidden problems mainly electrical and its doing my head in as i've blown up my bsi and tried a new (2nd hand) engine fuse box so here goes.Both these fault were known before i blew up the bsi and changed f/box but the car is new (as such)to me and problems were unknown i till i did a pre-mot check.
i have no washer jets you pull the stalk up the wipers start and that's it nothing from pump and no power to it.i have tested continuity at the plug of w/j motor and it beeps i presume both sides are fed an positive making a loop when no w/j are required then switched to earth depending which jet you want.when checking back to fusebox plug i have several continuity beeps does anyone know which pin on the plug i should be testing.did planet check and it says everything is OK with comms unit and as wipers work i presume it is.

horn doesn't work it has a feed to wheel of 4-5 volts but i don't know what pin and plug to check the return to at the bsi. i have checked continuity from horn to ve(green) plug on f/box and all seems OK.

i also have found a brown wire coming out of bsi ve plug btm row 3rd pin from rear i think. this wire has been cut at the bsi, this wire goes to the ve plug on the engine f/box with another brown wire. i am very reluctant to reconnect it as i have already blown one bsi to bits doing this as i thought i had disconnected the battery when i unplugged the ve plug and promptly screwed it when i reconnected it. so i don't know what this wire controls or does. cable has 29f5 and x1620 written on it. but not all in one number if it makes sense
last but not least four wires in and around bsi/drivers footwell white,blue,yellow and brown with numbers 613606g5 and c002a,c002b,c002c,c002d in same order after above number anyone know what they are for as they look like they either been cut by a good professional electrician or have never been connected to anything from new

thank you to all who read this and those that help in advance
pullitt73 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-05-18, 07:14 AM   #2

Be so careful with these faults, it is easy to cause terminal damage. You can register with Peugeot by pretending you are a garage at Service Box
You should be able to get the wiring diagrams specific to your car, miles better than Haynes but they take some deciphering. Washers and front wipers are fed from the engine fusebox so chances are the fault is there.
BSI, engine ecu and key are paired so you can't change the BSI in isolation!
wynb is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 13-05-18, 10:20 PM   #3

Hi thanks for the info i have a citroen w/shop manuals and wiring diagrams for all there range and i have been scratching my head they have made it over complicated. I've changed the ecu and bsi and the (bm34) engine bay module fuse box and still no joy im trying to find out where on the bsi and bm34 the wires go in and out to test them ill get there all be it slowly thanks bob

Old 25-08-18, 01:11 PM   #4

Diagrams and manual won't work as far as i am concerned until you have all the equipment to deal with it. So better consult it with an electrician.
liranhershma is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 25-08-18, 03:22 PM   #5

My imperfect understanding is that there are sevral wires connecting the processor in the BSI with the processor in the engine fusebox BM34. Can't confirm what the brown wire does but one of the feeds to the washer is from pin 11 of the 16pin green connecting plug into BM34. This is from fuse 14 then to a built in relay switched to earth by the processor in BM34.
This is for a 2003 807.
wynb is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 26-08-18, 11:47 AM   #6

Default washers and horn rewire

hi there thanks for the info i have now just hard wired both the washers and horn i now have buttons on the dash for these items and it's legal as it has just past it's mot like it. i have only just started using the car and it has more gremlins in it the first day everything was ok second day pulled up at a set of lights and all the door locks locked and unlocked done it twice now.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in