newbie... irratic idle and loss of power when engine has done 50 mile or so - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > Peugeot Models > MPVs > 806/807
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Like Tree1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-04-13, 04:50 PM   #1
Inactive User

Default newbie... irratic idle and loss of power when engine has done 50 mile or so

hi folks , hope someone can help me , my 2003 2 litre hdi 807 , has been giving bother in respect that it judders and doesnt seem to be getting the right fuel air mix when its been driving for around 50-60 miles , ,,, next day its fine again, loss of power when this happens and when it eventualy takes the revs after my foot being on the accelerator for a few seconds black smoke appears out of the exhaust. i dont know anything about these cars as i have only purchased it last week and there is no warning lights coming on the dash to tell....
steviemoo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-04-13, 05:09 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by steviemoo View Post
hi folks , hope someone can help me , my 2003 2 litre hdi 807 , has been giving bother in respect that it judders and doesnt seem to be getting the right fuel air mix when its been driving for around 50-60 miles , ,,, next day its fine again, loss of power when this happens and when it eventualy takes the revs after my foot being on the accelerator for a few seconds black smoke appears out of the exhaust. i dont know anything about these cars as i have only purchased it last week and there is no warning lights coming on the dash to tell....
sounds like its getting too much fuel or not enough air, check air filter
trustme is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-04-13, 07:34 PM   #3
davidireland

Quote:
Originally Posted by steviemoo View Post
Being an 807, you'll soon learn about it, you'll need to.
Get a diagnostic check done firstly and post up the faults.
  Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-04-13, 07:44 AM   #4
Inactive User

Default going to garage today...

its going to peugeot today to hopefully be sorted, dont know if diagnostics would help if there is no lights on the dash ? ive wrote them a note of the symptoms anyway, so hopefully it helps him diagnose it. 6 months warranty so should hopefully get it sorted in that time frame, any other suggestions mean while , i will be all ears , cause by the sound of some of the posts on this site ,i,m gonna need to learn fast !
Old 06-04-13, 08:16 AM   #5

Maybe a throttle position sensor

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
m_joseph is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-04-13, 02:57 PM   #6
Inactive User

have it back from the garage today and so far so good, they said it was a cover that sits over the glow plugs or something like that , they said water was getting in ? does anyone know of this problem ?
Old 14-04-13, 03:47 PM   #7

On the passenger side of the car in front of the windscreen is the cabin air intake box that includes the pollen filter. Rain goes into the grille and drains out near the glow plug module via a rubber pipe that plugs into the bottom of the intake box. It is the most awful bit of design and takes a lot of patience to either remove or refit, often the rubber pipe is not fitted back correctly or is not routed correctly past the glow plug module so the water drains out behind the gearbox. Hope it is truly sorted.
steviemoo likes this.
wynb is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 19-04-13, 04:04 PM   #8
Inactive User

guess what ? ... its back to the same crap... back in the garage now , and apparently they think its a regeneration problem , and they will have to drive it themselves so they can diagnose and treat mid problem ? , only have the car a few weeks and already my hert is breaking...
Old 19-04-13, 04:40 PM   #9
davidireland

To be bluntly honest you'll have your work cut out minding an 807. They are a troublesome machine.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
  Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 16-05-13, 08:38 AM   #10
Inactive User

Default 806 AirBag warning light

Had an airbag light on for a couple of years, but now it has to be sorted out (more MOT rules). The garage have coded it and Pretensioner 2 is showing up consistently. The complete seatbelt assembly has to be changed as the PT is integral. My question is, is Pretensioner 2 nearside or offside? The garage says its nearside, but a mechanic friend says that on French cars "1" is nearside and "2" is offside, because basically they are converted LHD cars. It seems to me that it's more likely to be the offside because that being the drivers' side gets more use.

Also, while the garage has been working on it, another error has shown up which is the steering wheel airbag squib. So I'm wondering if the faults are all electronic rather than real, and that maybe all that needs doing is reprogramming (or replacing?) of the airbag ecu.

Any comments would be much appreciated.
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in