Mpg - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > Peugeot Models > MPVs > 806/807
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Like Tree7Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 27-02-17, 06:42 PM   #1

Default Mpg

Hi. I have a Peugeot 807 hdl 2.ltr diesel but is not very good on mpg how many mpg is expected out of it

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk
steveant is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 28-02-17, 07:52 AM   #2

Our 2.2 Hdi does about 32-33 round town, mid 40's on a run. Check the air filter, wash out the dpf, check for binding brakes especially handbrake.
steveant likes this.
wynb is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 28-02-17, 11:37 AM   #3

Thank you for your reply sorry but wot is a dpf.

Old 28-02-17, 11:55 AM   #4
Inactive User

Quote:
Originally Posted by steveant View Post
Thank you for your reply sorry but wot is a dpf.

diesel particle filter

trip computer on 307 use to read around 5,0 while driving after clean out it now sometimes goes as low as 3.2, pulling away and excelarating still at 7 or 9
steveant likes this.
PeugoetD is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-03-17, 06:48 AM   #5

Do you mean the diesel filter is the dpf I thought you just change the diesel filter I don't now if you could clean it .I seem not to have a lot of kick down slow on mark but pulls really well.

Old 01-03-17, 07:29 AM   #6

If the car drives perfectly fine but MPG is low it could be your injectors need cleaning and refurbishing.

When I bought my third 307, it drove fine but I couldn't get more than 480-500 miles out of a tank.

When an injector failed I had all four refurbished and after that was getting the usual 550-600 miles that I'd seen on my other 307s.
steveant and PeugoetD like this.
Old 01-03-17, 08:31 AM   #7

See

https://www.peugeotforums.com/forums/...leaning-88850/

https://www.peugeotforums.com/forums/...ter-dpf-88858/

You may not have one. 2.0 engine has a fixed vane turbo, the 2.2 has a variable vane turbo meaning slightly better low down grunt.
steveant likes this.
wynb is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-03-17, 09:23 AM   #8

Hi. Wynd the link takes me to steering noise problem. I can see that you reply a lot and I'm very grateful for your help my car is only doing 20mpg around town and takes a lot to get to 3rd gear.

Old 01-03-17, 10:40 AM   #9
Inactive User

DPF is not the fuel filter, its inside the exhaust. When is the last time you took the car for a nice burn on the motorway?
The DPF regenerates on the motorway mostly. Burns all the soot and converts it into ash and blasts it out.

Some shops sell DPF additive to clean the system but you should have a eloys pat fluid tank in your car what does the same thing. It injects a little everytime you put fuel in your tank, so it checks whne the lid is opened and closed. Well thats what they say, not too sure about it though.

Are you putting about allot in town and shops? Maybe just needs a nice drive to clear it out.

Last edited by PeugoetD; 01-03-17 at 10:44 AM.
Old 01-03-17, 10:53 AM   #10
Inactive User

Things what can improve millage

1. Clean DPF, regen on motorway, additive or wash out, toxic soot inside. or PP2000 computer regenerated in service station or friend(Some people take it for deleting but requires very special tuneing)
2. Injectors, additive, rebuild, replace or clean , if removed will need new fireseals. (additive is the easy one on a clean tank of fuel)
3. Fuel Filter, sometimes difficult to replace or gets air leaks when done. Only viable if very old.
4. Airfilter, replace, should be part of your service plan.
5. MAF, cleanout with easystart this sensor is inside the air filter pipe. Easy one to do, wait for it to dry before starting.
6. ERG , cleanout or blanking. Difficult to do in some cases and may cuase other problems later.

They all will require some skill to undertake. Perhaps if you car is old when service time comes add one to the list to do. But something to google and research.

For you the most basic option is to take it for a nice drive and see if that improves anything.
steveant likes this.

Last edited by PeugoetD; 01-03-17 at 10:57 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in