Help! Please identify part - 807 HDI exec 2.0 2006 - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > Peugeot Models > MPVs > 806/807
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By reliable406

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-05-19, 10:49 AM   #1

Unhappy Help! Please identify part - 807 HDI exec 2.0 2006

Hi,

First post and apologies in advance for the length!!

Hoping someone can help with identifying a part from my 807 HDI exec 2.0 turbo 2006 plate please!?!

It has been off the road for weeks now due to what should be a small, simple part.

My husband has asked two peugeot dealers, a number of mechanics, estimators, engineersm and garages and we have searched the web to find nothing remotely the same or the right part!!

I'm really frustrated at the moment and just want my car back on the road as I have 6 kids to ferry around!

What happened: I went out in the car, about 15 minutes in I could smell an odd smell - I can only describe it as smelling like celery! - a few mins later I pulled into a car park and there was white smoke coming from under the bonnet.

Under the bonnet, the smoke was coming from the rear of the engine, behind it almost.

I couldn't see any other obvious issues at the time, so let the car cool and the smoke stopped.

An hour later, I started the car at a bit of an effort, then drove 15 mins back home. Smelt a little odd still but kept my eyes out for smoke. About 5 mins into the journey the same white smoke was coming out of the car.

Managed to get home and no fluid leaks were apparent or anything. Husband and father in law had a quick look too -nothing obvious.

Tried to go out in the next day, as I turned the ignition, the car went to start but then died. Tried a few more times to no joy. More smoke.

My husband managed to get under the car and saw that a pipe and what appears to be a sensor of some kind had been on fire.

The pipe had singed, the plastic plug has completely melted into a blob, the flames has burnt through the outer layer of the main wiring loom above where the part was.

The air intake pipe goes into this damaged sensor-type part and then the sensor-type part (the problem) goes into another pipe - all three parts are on the photos I will add.

It took my husband ages to get the parts off as they were melted together, then had hose clips etc to remove.

We have been stumped now for about 6 weeks and honestly don't know what else to try or where to look for a replacement part!!

I have taken some photos of the parts and hopefully someone here might recognise what the damaged piece is and can point us in the direction of a new one!

Otherwise I'm afraid my car might be scrap and there isn't anything else wrong with it apart from that!!

Like I said previously, we have googled to death and just can't find any part or post which has the same problem!

The peugeot dealers said the part would come on the air intake pipe - we bought another one, no part. Another dealer said it was a certain part, ordered it, not right.

I just can't get my head around the fact that NO-ONE in the motor trade seems to be able to identify this part, what is does or where to get one from!!!!

Can anyone please help?!?!?

Edit: having issues adding photos sorry!!

https://photos.app.goo.gl/kv6LgbrWGWAsnQn58

Last edited by FrustratedMo; 07-05-19 at 11:01 AM. Reason: added photos
FrustratedMo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-05-19, 10:58 AM   #2

Hard to say without a pic as it could be a choice of 2 different 2 litre engines at that age with very different layouts but your description sounds like something around the EGR system
Old 07-05-19, 11:03 AM   #3

Thanks for the quick reply - I've been having issues uploading photos so have provided a link instead to the original post, hope this is ok??

We thought EGR valve too, my Dad used to be a mechanic and said this first but it doesn't seem to be that according to the garages... Not that I'm completely convinced by them to be honest!

Edit: aha! Pics now uploaded!!
Attached Thumbnails
img_4018.jpg   img_4019.jpg   img_4020.jpg   img_4021.jpg  

Last edited by FrustratedMo; 07-05-19 at 11:06 AM.

Old 07-05-19, 11:19 AM   #4

The big pipe is air intake pipe to turbo the other is a breather that goes to rocker cover but neither of those pipes would be hot in normal use so the heat and smoke originated elsewhere these parts are a casualty not the cause.

I recon your turbo is the real issue possibly the turbo itself but also could be the DPF clogged if the car has 1 as this will stop the turbo boosting leading it to get very hot and this heat is what lead to the smoke and the pipe getting burnt.
Old 07-05-19, 12:03 PM   #5

Thanks for taking another look at the post!

I have been trying to figure out what version it might be - the V5 and stickers inside car say EBRHRH - so it seems it is the 2.0 HDI exec 136 bhp diesel variant... not sure if that makes a difference??

So, if it is the turbo itself - is it scrap?

If the DPF is clogged and can be replaced/cleaned, as long as we can find the correct parts to replace it should be ok?

Do you have any idea what the small part inbetween the breather and air intake pipe is?? No-one seems to know!! I'm assuming the car needs it else why would it be there!
Old 07-05-19, 12:55 PM   #6

Now that you have told me its an RHR engine that means its later model i would definately suspect DPF/turbo being the real issue problem is due to access issues its an expensive job unless its done yourself or by someone like myself who knows the cars.

I would remove whole engine to do turbo as it can be on the floor in 3 hours but its probably another 3 hours with the good access you would then have to replace the turbo then it all needs put back so its basically 2 days work !

I believe the small part might be part of the rocker cover and is not meant to come away and thats why everyone is scratching their heads !
which would mean you also need a rocker cover !

You are looking at more than the car is worth probably.
grumpyoldgit likes this.
Old 08-05-19, 12:32 PM   #7

Try cleaning the dpf as a first step. https://www.peugeotforums.com/forums...leaning-88850/ and https://www.peugeotforums.com/forums...ter-dpf-88858/
Also while it is off, and you have repaired the pipework & wiring, secure what is left of the exhaust in place, start the engine to see how well the turbo is performing. You can drive it as well as it isn't as noisy as you might expect. Best Wyn
wynb is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in