Has anyone ever solved the Antipollution Fault??? - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > Peugeot Models > MPVs > 806/807
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Like Tree1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 27-10-12, 04:57 PM   #1
Inactive User

Default Has anyone ever solved the Antipollution Fault???

As some will know, my cam belt snapped on my beloved 807 in June. Its been a very long process and the engine has now been swapped. However, my mechanic is currently trying to solve the "Anti Pollution Fault" error that flashes up on the dash, the engine management light shines and there is a serious lack of power from the engine most of the time.

Now I've read on this forum and many other forums of people having this very same problem, but as yet, I've never ever seen a happy ending or a solution to the mystery.

I've seen suggestions of checking the wiring, swapping sensors, changing pumps, reporgramming ECU's and even driving the car for 20 miles at a constant 60mph in 4th gear, but as yet, never, not once has anyone reported that the problem was solved.

Some report that they have spent litterally thousands swapping this and that but every time, the problem shows its ugly face yet again.

I noticed on here recently that one lucky fellow found some damaged wiring, however, his problem was that the car did not start at all. Mine starts first time every time, idles wonderfully, even drives perfect 10% of the time, but for the rest, I'd probably get better performance if I fitted a 50cc moped engine!

I've currently got plugged in a fault logger, because when the mechainc ran it all last week no faults came up even when it was playing up!

So, if anyone has found a solution (no doubt there more than one!) I'd love to know.

Thanks
roukel01 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 27-10-12, 09:13 PM   #2

807s do not read well on most scanners you need peugeot planet you do not need codes you need live data to see what is actually going on

We had one e7 taxi but same engine down on power running poor noisy all 16 rockers were worn at 150k miles replaced rockers and engine is fine again and anti polution is gone
reliable406 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 27-10-12, 09:29 PM   #3
Inactive User

Oh this car has had more live data taken from it than I can mention! The mechanic even paid for Peugeot Master Tech to come out and take a look, but they were utter useless.

The car has only done 65K!

Old 27-10-12, 09:36 PM   #4

Buy your own , it`ll work out cheaper
bettyswollocks is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 27-10-12, 09:43 PM   #5

You dont say if your own engine is rebuilt or a replacement was fitted if replacement how much has the replacement engine done how well was it looked after ?

when looking at live data does everything seem normal

Is it noisy at idle/higher revs

how high can you rev it ?
Old 28-10-12, 07:50 AM   #6
Inactive User

Hi
I appreciate you trying to help with the problem I have described. However, the point of this post was for people who have experienced similar faults I have described and has actually managed to fix it, to come on here and describe what happened and what they did to fix it.

As I mentioned in my first post, I have read loads and loads of posts describing this exact problem I am experiencing with the Anti Pollution Fault and lack of power, however, no where that I can find, have actually said they managed to fix it!

To try and give you a little more details of the fault I have:

Its a reconditioned engine, with about 45K on it. It starts first time, every time perfectly. Idles perfectly, even drives perfectly every now and then, but most of the time, there is just no power at all to the point where at about 2000 revs in any gear it does not have the power to accellerate at all, but then it will creap up to about 2500 revs very slowly where all of a sudden, it gets a sudden rush of power and everything seems ok until you change gear and the revs drop again. And Anti pollution fault flashes up on the dash and the engine management light stays on.
Old 28-10-12, 08:45 AM   #7

As i said i cured antipolution on ours so i was just getting a bit of info from you to try and help you with yours

Its not any 1 thing that will cause it

Have you tried re-adapting the egr as this helped on ours for a while until we realised the rockers were all worn replacing these cured it for good

You say reconditioned engine but you also say it has 45000 miles it cant be both
Old 28-10-12, 09:28 AM   #8
Inactive User

Thanks for your help, it is appreciated. I'm not sure if worn rockers will be the cause on this car. Here's where I bought the engine from:

Peugeot 807 2.2L 16V HDI 4HW DW12 Diesel Used Engine, NorthCarSpares.Com

just been out for a 40 mile drive. I only got the car back yesterday and it drove awefull, today it seems a little better, but still absolutley no power below 2000 revs in any gear.
Old 28-10-12, 09:40 AM   #9

So its a used engine with no way of knowing what miles are on it other than what the seller told you they say they give it a good clean and check over its not reconditioned nothing wrong there but it is a used engine so may have done more than you think

From your description i would look at boost control and egr im assuming all anciliaries are from your old engine and were fine prior to failure.

Also these ecus do a reset of sorts after each start and it can take time for it all to settle down again after being messed with.
Old 28-10-12, 10:13 AM   #10
Inactive User

In live data does the egr valve % go up and down when revved up or does it stay at 5% ?
belmo04 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in