Gear Selector / Cables 807 Hard Reverse - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > Peugeot Models > MPVs > 806/807
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 18-12-12, 08:50 PM   #1
Inactive User

Default Gear Selector / Cables 807 Hard Reverse

Hi all!

New forum member and im asking for help on my first post! Apologies, I might get around to an introduction in a mo!

Ive recently bought myself an 807! Should have known better....

Are the gear selector cables a common problem? Gear stick is sloppy as hell, like a sausage in a bucket! They are all in there but reverse is under the tax disc somewhere!

Any adjustments possible? Is it likely to need new cables?

Any tips?

Cheers,

Mike
mikeloaf is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 21-12-12, 08:04 PM   #2
Inactive User

Set of cables would be the priority only after checking the gearlinkage
MadV is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 15-01-13, 06:29 PM   #3
Inactive User

you cant adjust them friend ..you need to buy a set of new one's as they are sold in pairs. and that will fix your problem .

regards
bedlam is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 17-01-13, 03:53 PM   #4

Cables unlikely to be the cause, it is the free play in the mechanism bolted to the top of the gearbox that transfers the motion of the cables into the g'box that causes the lost motion at the gear lever. Personally I would learn to live with it as I do but if you do want to improve matters it is this mechanism that needs to be replaced or somehow shimmed up that will make the most difference.
wynb is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 17-01-13, 05:09 PM   #5
chopper1192

Quote:
Originally Posted by bedlam View Post
you cant adjust them friend ..you need to buy a set of new one's as they are sold in pairs. and that will fix your problem .

regards
There is on fact very crude adjuster at the gearbox end, there are 3 or 4 different slots for the cable stop clip to clip on to.

But it ain't the cables causing this.
  Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 17-01-13, 07:23 PM   #6

On mine there is only the one position on the cable for the clamps, if you remove the air filter housing you can see the cables and the way they connect to claws on the top of the gearbox that then operate pins to either rotate or lift/drop the gear selector shaft. If you get someone to wiggle the gear lever you can see the play between pins and claws that is transferred to the lever. If you put up with it for 6 months, I guarantee you will get used to it and it will stop being a problem!
Old 17-01-13, 09:39 PM   #7
Inactive User

Quote:
Originally Posted by chopper1192 View Post
There is on fact very crude adjuster at the gearbox end, there are 3 or 4 different slots for the cable stop clip to clip on to.

But it ain't the cables causing this.
like the last post i couldnt see any other place to connect the cables to..and like the 1st post we had the EXACT same problem, and we replaced the cable problem solved...so it WAS our problem.
bedlam is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 21-08-16, 04:56 PM   #8
Inactive User

Default loose gear knob

hi, any ideas how to release the gear knob to tighten it up? and the reverse lock need assistance to release to change back to other gears. is this normal? thanks
philfrite is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 27-08-16, 07:05 AM   #9

Unclip the gaiter around the gearstick to reveal the mounting, panel around the gearstick can be removed by pulling off the aluminium trim, undoing the screws and easing up the panel from the back with something like a plastic spatula driven into the joint with bin housing below.
Old 15-10-16, 02:55 PM   #10

Send a message via Yahoo to kyrre Send a message via Skype™ to kyrre
Default Reverse switch

Quote:
Originally Posted by wynb View Post
Unclip the gaiter around the gearstick to reveal the mounting, panel around the gearstick can be removed by pulling off the aluminium trim, undoing the screws and easing up the panel from the back with something like a plastic spatula driven into the joint with bin housing below.
Do you know where the revers switch is located on the manual gearbox? I need to replace wiring for the backing up light
kyrre is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in