Fog light on instead of reverse light - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > Peugeot Models > MPVs > 806/807
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 24-01-12, 01:00 PM   #1
Inactive User

Default Fog light on instead of reverse light

I am confused and although it doesn't take much for that to happen I think you may understand why. Of course I hoping there is a clever person on Peugeot land who can solve this mystery for me.

My reverse light were out - or should I say the off-side was out and the near-side was so dim it was useless. So off to Halfords I went (was in a hurry so couldn't get to my usual better value factors). I replaced both bulbs and tested - then got seriously confused.

The off-side is now nice and brightly lit but the near-side is still uselessly dim - but it's neighbour on that light cluster (the fog light) is lit up like a good un.

So I then took it out of reverse and put my fogs on. Off-side fog fine, near-side not on at all (and neither was the reverse light!).

I looked at the bulbs - they looked very similar if not the same. Then looked at the connectors but there is no way to get them the wrong way round so that's not the problem.

So in summary:

When in reverse I get:
- off-side rev. light = OK
- near-side rev. light = very very dim but the fog light is on

When not in reverse with fog lights on I get:
- off-side fog light = OK
- near-side fog light - not on

Please, for my sanity someone help me!!!!

Cheers

Dave

51 plate Peugeot 806 - over 120k
rdpearsonuk is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 24-01-12, 03:50 PM   #2
aos
Inactive User

Usually, when you get these kind of strange going ons, it is down to a bad earth. Ford Transits are particularily bad, I use them at work.
That's your next step. It's (usually) the black wire going into the cluster, and could be the connectors are corroded and need a clean, or adjusted to make proper contact.
Hope this helps.
aos is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 24-01-12, 04:28 PM   #3
Inactive User

i thought typically:

- nearside was reverse
- offside was fog light

john_h is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 25-01-12, 09:02 AM   #4
Inactive User

Quote:
Originally Posted by aos View Post
Usually, when you get these kind of strange going ons, it is down to a bad earth. Ford Transits are particularily bad, I use them at work.
That's your next step. It's (usually) the black wire going into the cluster, and could be the connectors are corroded and need a clean, or adjusted to make proper contact.
Hope this helps.
Cheers - will check that out.

Quote:
i thought typically:

- nearside was reverse
- offside was fog light
If only These lights are on the boot lid and it has a reverse and fog at both sides.
Old 25-01-12, 11:02 AM   #5

Find a spot where you can fit an aftermarket bit of wire to the cluster and earth it again wherever you can on the body, it should work ok then.

sterion75 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 25-01-12, 11:59 AM   #6
Inactive User

Quote:
Originally Posted by sterion75 View Post
Find a spot where you can fit an aftermarket bit of wire to the cluster and earth it again wherever you can on the body, it should work ok then.
OK - daft question time but I'm going to ask it anyway!

Where about on the cluster do I wire this bit of wire to exactly?
Old 29-01-12, 08:29 AM   #7
Inactive User

Right then, spent a good couple of hours fiddling and faffing with this and it's now worse than it was

I tried the wire into each light on the cluster and the other end on a earth point (for the central lock release) - no joy.

I started to close the boot and noticed that when it was half way down the lights came on nice and bright but were off again when it was closed. Ahah! I though then it must be something in the rubber cable protector between the hinged top pf the boot lid and the body - but what? Short of pulling it all out - which I didn't want to do at this point I'm not sure.

Now I know there must be some sort of power getting to the cluster and when I then removed the reverse light fuse the reverse light and fog light on the faulty side came on really dimly.

I am soooooooo confused!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in