ESP light - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > Peugeot Models > MPVs > 806/807
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By wynb

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 21-11-17, 05:47 PM   #1

Default ESP light - Solved

Hi

807, 2004, 2.0 HDi, 107 bhp.

After changing my Delphi com2000 unit from a used Citroen C8 I got the ESP light on. Turned out to be a wheelsensor calibrate fault. How to fix this?

My orginal com2000 got an airbag fault. Is it possible to fix this?
Because I started to think that maybe the part from a scrapyard C8 don't have ESP. How can I find out for sure if it has ESP?

Was in the Peugeot garage today to calibrate the wheel Sensor Angel, but they could not get it done. Was permanent fault they told me. But off course they wanted money for it anyway.

Last edited by PugNorway; 07-01-18 at 06:31 PM.
PugNorway is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 21-11-17, 06:54 PM   #2

It will be a steering angle calibration fault. You need to get the car on planet/diagbox and recalibrate the sensor to your car.
Old 21-11-17, 07:03 PM   #3

Thanks for the answer. That was exactly why I was at the garage today. But they didn't fix it. See now that I wrote wheel angel, meant stearingwheel angel calibration.

Do I need anything else to do this than PP?

Considering buying a new second hand com2000 unit, but not sure it will help. Do C8 and 807 have the same unit? (got rid of airbag fault with it.) The C8 unit did have rain sensor and curtains in side windows back, and mine do not. Work well except from ESP fault.

Old 21-11-17, 09:17 PM   #4

Maybe possible that the sensor is to far out to calibrate. The sensor may not have been central when you swapped the units. If i remember correctly with the steering wheel centered a gray dot should be visible in a window on the top face of the comm unit.

I think there is a tread on here somewhere that details the process on a 407 which will be similar to the 807
Old 23-11-17, 12:25 PM   #5

Have the original Comms unit for our 2003 807 2.2 HDi that was repaired by Trustme some years ago in 2010. Just sat in it's box in the garage for the last 10 years as I paid for a new Comms unit in 2007 before I realised it was fixable. You can have it if you pay postage and then maybe 25.00 if it works. Has ESP, should be obvious if your replacement has ESP if there is a steering angle sensor.
PugNorway likes this.
wynb is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-01-18, 12:50 PM   #6

Changed back to the original com2000 unit. Airbag light came back, but the esp light also remained. Got the "calibrate" fault with my code reader. Not possible to reset or calibrate steering angel because "permanent" fault. Could it be something else than the com2000 that has a fault now?
Old 07-01-18, 06:40 PM   #7

Default Solved :)

FINALLY SOLVED

1. Problem: airbag light on
2. Changed com2000, and airbag light gone, but esp light on. Esp need calibration.
3. Maybe wrong com2k (from C8), so changed back to the original com2k. Then both airbag- and esplight on.
4. Changed back to the Citroen C8 com2000 unit. Deleted faultcode before driving. No airbaglight or esplight came on. Everyting working ok.

Did a testdrive, and antispinn and ESP work just fine.

Last edited by PugNorway; 07-01-18 at 06:42 PM.
PugNorway is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in