esp/asr fault - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > Peugeot Models > MPVs > 806/807
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-02-14, 12:02 PM   #1

Default esp/asr fault

Picked up a 53 plate 2.2HDI executive yesterday,private sale. But 25 miles into the 60 mile run home a esp/asr fault came up on the dash. Could this be a simple fix, would it be best to get it hooked up to planet Peugeot and go from there.

Thanks
deannos is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-02-14, 12:54 PM   #2

Planet probably the way to go but check the fluid level in the master cylinder, if it is low it can flag up an ESP warning because the CAN system gets itself mixed up. Even checking the fluid level is dificult because of way the windscreen projects over the engine but with a bright torch and someone to shake the car while you look it is just possible to see the fluid level. If it needs more the wing strut and pollen filter will need removing (assuming they are still there!) this will add around hour to what should be a 5 minute job.
wynb is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-02-14, 02:40 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by wynb View Post
Planet probably the way to go but check the fluid level in the master cylinder, if it is low it can flag up an ESP warning because the CAN system gets itself mixed up. Even checking the fluid level is dificult because of way the windscreen projects over the engine but with a bright torch and someone to shake the car while you look it is just possible to see the fluid level. If it needs more the wing strut and pollen filter will need removing (assuming they are still there!) this will add around hour to what should be a 5 minute job.
I think you could be right on the low fluid. Just started the car up and the warning light is off, but will check the fluid tomorrow to be certain.

Thanks

Old 22-03-14, 12:02 PM   #4

I checked the fluid and its fine. But still get this intermittent fault, twice in last couple of months, just noticed the steering wheel isn't centered. Is there a possibility it could be this, i understand there is a steering angle sensor behind this. Also going through all the paperwork i got with the car, it has had the n/s lower wishbone replaced beginning of last year, connected maybe.

Dean
Old 22-03-14, 02:21 PM   #5

Don't think the SW being off centre will cause the warning lamp to come on but the cause is likely to be due to the geometry of the aftermarket wishbone being different to the original hence the tracking is now out so it is worth getting the tracking checked and the wheel centred.
Tracking is: +1mm 0.5mm or +09' 5' (+09' = +9/60 = +0.15) all TOE IN
Well done for completing the cam belt change!
Old 22-03-14, 06:10 PM   #6

If wheel is off centre I bet someone has had it off and messed
Old 20-04-14, 11:02 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by wynb View Post
Don't think the SW being off centre will cause the warning lamp to come on but the cause is likely to be due to the geometry of the aftermarket wishbone being different to the original hence the tracking is now out so it is worth getting the tracking checked and the wheel centred.
Tracking is: +1mm 0.5mm or +09' 5' (+09' = +9/60 = +0.15) all TOE IN
Well done for completing the cam belt change!
Cam-belt wasn't that bad to be honest, but i done it over 2 days. The wishbone was replaced by a Peugeot dealer, nearly 700 in all. The fault didn't show for quite awhile until yesterday. I noticed it only shows up once i get past 60. Is it worth getting the tracking checked, i have no uneven wearing on the tyres. It doesn't go into limp mode and drives fine with plenty of power with the fault showing. Would PP show exactly what is causing the problem

Last edited by deannos; 20-04-14 at 11:58 AM.
Old 20-04-14, 03:39 PM   #8

Tracking should be checked after wishbone change, at that price I would hope the dealer did this and centred the wheel. If not, it is worth getting done but I doubt this is cause of the lamp coming on, PP would give you a better idea.
Check the diameter of the tyres with say a length of batten and a couple of pegs, one of them could be a different size or brand throwing up the code especially as it only occurs at speed.
Old 20-04-14, 07:59 PM   #9

After doing an extensive amount of googling, i see the same thing on 406,607 and a great percentage was down to an intermittent faulty brake light switch. Its seems the easiest way to check this, is to get the fault and then see if your brake lights are working. So that will be my first thing to check, if not, then PP it will be.
Old 20-04-14, 08:05 PM   #10
Ginger Magic

If this is the case, make sure you get the right one as some cars have 2 brake switches one above the other, 1 for the brake lights and 1 for the cruise control over-ride.
  Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in