Electrical problems - please help!!! - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > Peugeot Models > MPVs > 806/807
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 19-07-11, 10:51 AM   #1
Inactive User

Default Electrical problems - please help!!!

Dear readers

I'm hoping that someone can help me here! I've got two electrical faults in my 04-reg 2.0HDi 807 which I think are not related to each other.

One is the front passenger seatbelt warning keeps going off, which is highly irritating (especially when I've got to carry customers up to the airports with it going off all the way!), there's obviously a loose connection somewhere because sometimes it goes of and sometimes it doesn't (but usually it DOES). I've had the seatbelt coupling out and tested it and it's fine (there is continuity when the buckle is NOT plugged in and no continuity when it IS plugged in). I don't really know what else to test as it's all under the seat and seems hard to get at. Anybody have any ideas what could be causing this? Is it a common fault? If so, what tends to be the cause? Or is there any way of disabling the seatbelt warning? If I knew which plug/wires were for the sensor in the seat I'd be happy to chop them if it would stop the warning going off!

The second fault is that a 15a fuse keeps blowing every so often. At least once a day on average, sometimes doesn't do it for a few days and then sometimes it will do it half a dozen times in one day. It's the fuse for the electric windows, electric wing mirrors, electric seats and electric sliding doors. I've had an auto electrician look at it twice. The first time he said it was the loom under the driverís seat being caught on the rails, so he said he fixed the loom and put it all back together. The second time he looked at it he said the loom had become damaged further down the line and he said that he had re-routed the loom this time and it shouldn't happen again. The car was fine for a few days after that but obviously it's doing it again now. Have spoke to him on the phone and he seems to think that it is a component causing the fuse to blow (like maybe a faulty motor or something), he wants to take the car back and have another look but I don't really want to have to keep going back to this auto electrician as he is in Woolwich where we bought the car from and it's aggravation, so if there's something obvious that's causing it and I can either do the work myself or have it done locally Iíll rather do that. Anybody have any ideas what could be causing this? Is it a common fault? If so, what tends to be the cause?

Someone please help! Any ideas???
StarlightCar is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-04-13, 07:55 PM   #2
Inactive User

I came across your post after having a similar problem, with the electric doors, windows, sunroofs, mirrors and temperature sensor all failing on my 807. Just in case it's any help to anyone else, we got an auto-electrician in (Joe from TM Auto Electrics if you happen to be in the London area). He traced the problem to the circuit board under the dashboard, where there was a block caused by one of the connections or diodes or something like that. £200 to fix plus £45 for the initial diagnosis of the fault - all seemed reasonable enough to me. Joe was excellent, coming to my house and fixing the problem on site. As much as I would have liked to find a simple solution to the problem that I could fix myself, this really was a job for a professional auto-electrician.
housepixies is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in