DPF replacement - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > Peugeot Models > MPVs > 806/807
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 27-09-19, 03:03 PM   #1

Default DPF replacement

I took off the dpf and found that it was nothing inside. Is there a cartridge or is it complete replacement job?
Humph7ey is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 27-09-19, 07:34 PM   #2

what you mean by there is nothing inside? Are you first owner? If not , maybe previous owner took it out.Why you took off dpf? If dpf was removed car would smoke like normal diesel.Normally there is mesh like cartridge inside, which if is not completely blocked by hard soot and ash or destroyed,could be cleaned, and prolonged life of dpf. If it was completely blocked you would get dpf warning light and notice large performance drop.

just for reference
https://www.usedecus.com/images/prod...,_00981887.jpg

Last edited by romano_st; 27-09-19 at 08:10 PM.
romano_st is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 27-09-19, 08:29 PM   #3

I see what you mean. The picture shows a filter but mine is completely missing. Someone must have knocked it out. Oddly it passed the emissions test a couple of years ago, but failed recently. Time to buy a new unit methinks.
I took the dpf off because I kept getting the MIL and limp mode and wanted to clean the catayiser.

Last edited by Humph7ey; 27-09-19 at 08:31 PM.

Old 27-09-19, 09:40 PM   #4

Thing is if someone took out dpf out of car, he had to delete dpf from ecu, so if you would buy new one make sure your car ecu "knows" that it has dpf filter,if it really dont have dpf anymore, i wouldn't bother to buy new one i would drive car without dpf, not having one doesn't mean that car will not pass eco test, it will produce soot which otherwise would be burnt in dpf and it will make engine "breath" as dpf is restricting flow of exhaust gasses .
Old 28-09-19, 07:38 AM   #5

Why would they have to delete it from the ECU? Remove the filter and all the ECU sees is a very low differential pressure through the DPF, so it won't need to regenerate.
If the MOT tester becomes aware that the DPF is missing or damaged, then it's an automatic fail. If it's meant to be there, it has to be there and working now. All changed last year.
Old 28-09-19, 08:00 AM   #6

Look what i'v heard from people actually removed dpf, that you have to delete it from ecu, thing is that car with dpf is when cold injecting fuel even after tdc to rise temperature of exhaust gasses and dpf, beside that ecu is not measuring diff pressure only its also measuring soot and ash, error in those can cause car going into limp home mode, i heard that people used to put resistors on sensors to fool ecu in having some reading if not deleting dpf. Regarding the mot test, how are they suppose to know you are missing dpf only if you tell them, i know lot of people done this and they pass mot test without problem.

Last edited by romano_st; 28-09-19 at 10:14 AM.
Old 28-09-19, 09:30 AM   #7

He did not know about it missing but it passed 2 years ago and not much used since.
C1: 0.96 C2: 0.82

This time
C1: 0.98 C2: 0.82

The MIL was not showing
Old 28-09-19, 09:57 AM   #8

Upon reading about MOT regulations in Uk i can see it different than here in Croatia, so in Uk they are actually testing for dpf tampering, and that you can get 1000 pounds fine, or even have to scrap car? Then i wouldnt play with running car without dpf.

How often do you guys need to take mot test, annually? Here in Croatia we have every year technical inspection of car and eco test, where they test car mechanically and they check for emission of exhaust gasses, i myself drive vw golf 6 2.0 tdi, they even dont test it for emission as it have dpf, here i know for fact that people pass eco test with removed dpf, as they dont look for dpf tampering.
Old 28-09-19, 09:59 AM   #9

I should have mentioned that this is in France and has now been added and our test is every two years and every year for commercials. New regulations now.

Last edited by Humph7ey; 28-09-19 at 10:06 AM.
Old 28-09-19, 10:07 AM   #10

Then find out how are they checking on eco test in France, failing eco test is often because poor condition of engine, not having dpf will emit soot to atmosphere which dont mean car will fail eco test because of it, how older diesels pass eco test? Anyhow if you plan to put back dpf dont go cheap, cheap ones dont last too long, and check was dpf deleted from cars ecu.
Btw what is the mileage on your car?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in