Bringing it back to life, 807 stood 4 years in a ditch - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > Peugeot Models > MPVs > 806/807
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 13-07-16, 09:54 PM   #1
Inactive User

Default Bringing it back to life, 807 stood 4 years in a ditch

Hello,

I have been posting on Your forum for the first time. However I have used infomation from this forum for a lot of times.

Story starts simple

Peugeot 807 2.2 Hdi stood 4 years without being driven.

I have manage to bring back to life more than 10 of them after different type of failures and different time of being abandoned in garages and drive ways.

The time has come when my Misses decide to have one as well.

Got the project almost free.

However time was calculated in it by solving

non starting - starter motor had burnt out commutator (never ever seen it before) ,

immobilizer fault and few other - new Ecu kit,

multi air bag faults - wiring shorts and high impedance,

brakes blocking when engine was running - bush on servo pusher incorporated within X rod

roof lining replaced - really nasty job

all bulbs were burnt as well

and so on so on....

Last bit which leaves me sleepless nights is central locking not working at all. It is constantly open.

If You try to lock the vehicle You can hear relay engaging, front mirrors will fold, rear sliding door tries to engage, side repeaters will work but locks wont move.

I got access to DiagBox and Lexia, DiagBackup Wiring diagrams.

No Faults stored, checked wiring through out twice, no high impedance at all , all wiring sound for simple/dead locking.

Followed citroen C8 functional diagram for faulty central locking but still no joy.

Front locks where replaced, at the dissamble of them, it turned out they were burnt out inside on the brushes.

When trying to open/close locks through PP2000 You can hear only relay.

Anybody came across anything like that? It is not one day project and I have researched and tested it for days.

Any suggestion will be appreciated

Chris
Peugeot807 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 14-07-16, 08:05 AM   #2

Description seems odd in that the CL only works when all doors shut - how can the sliding doors be trying to close? Sounds like everything is fine save for the impulse to the lock motors, can you check back until you find the common feed to the lock motors and see if it is live on locking?
wynb is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 14-07-16, 12:04 PM   #3
Inactive User

Maybe I confused every body too much informatoon at once

What it is

Boot lock working fine open/closes

Sliding doors motors for opening and closing doors work fine

Locks on sliding doors while they are close try too engage. You here lock workking, buy it instantly lock off.

Front door locks dont even engage.

So when You lock it from outside. Mirrors will fold down, repetears will flash. It will think it is closed. When You try to open it, its open but light will flash as You broke into it.

I know from wiring diagram You got common fed from pin 13 and 15.

Continuity on them is alright.

I am thinking loudly if BSI sees that all doors are closed. But checked it and paramters shows right valie for opening and closing.

Do You know where is thermal protection for locks? Is it incorporated in lock?

Kind Regards

Last edited by Peugeot807; 14-07-16 at 12:11 PM.

Old 14-07-16, 12:23 PM   #4

Just tried to lock our 807 with front door partially closed, locks operated but then instantly unlocked with short squack from horn. Seems odd that yours persists with the indicators flashing and mirrors folding which mine doesn't unless all the doors are fully closed. No thermal protection for locks they are pretty simple in design.
Not sure what to try next, there was a chap who posted here of the problems he had after the battery became disconnected on the road, he managed to get it going but was left with the problem that the central locking operated whenever he opened the door, he gave up in the end and sold it.
Could water have got in somewhere?
Old 14-07-16, 12:31 PM   #5

Further thought BSI reset could be worth a go BUT follow the procedure give elsewhere on here, main thing is to wait so the module goes to sleep before disconnection.
Old 14-07-16, 12:44 PM   #6

You seem to have a car where it had previously had suffered electrical issues as you say the starter was burnt out and some other motors its possible the previous owner jump started it with reversed polarity burning some items out.

Your description for locking sounds like it is getting the lock signal and sending the commands to lock the doors but the motors are not doing their job.
Old 14-07-16, 04:57 PM   #7
Inactive User

Dear reliable406:

If You jump started it with reversed polarity there is cut out fuse next to battery, and ignition fuse 40A under bonnet. I have fixed one peugeot 807 with that fault, other than that fuse and cut out fuse it do not make any other damage.

Yes it sounds like command are getting there to lock it however it aint happening. All commands through keyfob and lock buttons give same results

Dear wynb

I really appreciate for checking what You exactly get when doors are partially open and You try to lock it.

If it is going about Reseting BSI. I have did that 3 times. It is in unlocked position as I can check it through Snap-on and PP2000.

All problems with central locking and resetting BSI i have studied through out.

Instruction for fixing locks on peugeot 807 states that if You try to operate them to many times in short while of time, motor thermal protection for them will stop them from working. That is why I was asking about it.

But I am wondering now as well. If You got them fed from one source and in fact they are parallel load and rear ones are taking all the current, front ones my not have enough current to work.
Old 14-07-16, 05:43 PM   #8

Yes that may be so but people can do very strange things to cars when they dont know what they are doing

There actually is a thermal cut out of sorts but its in the BSI and resets itself once the unit sees no more use so since yours is sort of working its not that
Old 14-07-16, 07:50 PM   #9
Inactive User

Dear reliable406;

Thanks for explaining how that thermal cut of system works on locks.

To be honest, probably only few would attempted to get that 807 going.

On a weird side I like those cars, never owned one till now. A lot of people do hate them for lots of electrics problems.

On the other side I have seen one of them with over 600 000 miles on clock - one engine - one owner. No problems whats over

I do enjoy bringing it back to glory, but it is getting to the point I would love to sort out those locks and MOT it
Old 15-07-16, 06:37 PM   #10

Possibly a faulty switch inside one of the door locks. Doors will lock but if a switch is faulty would see that door as open and unlock the rest. I've never had powerfold mirrors so no idea if they would open again if the locking failed.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
storeman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in