Braking on a 807 auto, Is there 807 owners in Kent, ideally near Margate? - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > Peugeot Models > MPVs > 806/807
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Like Tree11Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 18-03-18, 09:37 AM   #1

Default Braking on a 807 auto, Is there 807 owners in Kent, ideally near Margate?

Hi.

I was hoping to find someone local to me, with a 2.0HDi auto, so I can see/feel if the way my 807 brakes is normal caratistics of this car, or there is a fault with my braking (mainly the vacuum control/management sides of the braking.

As under normal braking, the brakes are fine, but under long steady braking from say 70mph, then if you back off the brakes, then re applie them again, (say when someone pointlessly stops in front of you at a empty round about, which needs a sudden braking), most of my braking efficiency has gone (like if the servo/vacuum issue). I know this is a issue on some diesels, where the vacuum pump just can't keep up with the vacuum needed at the servo, (never a issue on a petrol), but on my 807 auto, it's made worse with the fact when needing the extra braking, the engine is at idle rpm's, so the vacuum control system doesn't energise the vacuum pump to replace the used vacuum.
I purely want to see if it's purely a caratistics of this model of car, rather than waste time searching for a fault that isn't there.
1arm1legDan is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 18-03-18, 10:51 AM   #2

Sounds like your vacuum pump may be getting tired makes no difference whether engine is idling or not the vacuum should be fine its not normal what you are describing.

There is no vacuum control system the pump is driven off the camshaft and runs constantly and should keep up with the braking you describe just fine.
1arm1legDan likes this.
Old 18-03-18, 12:02 PM   #3

Hi.

Its possible there is a fault, whether vacuum pump or leak somewhere, or could be I'm expecting too much from a test that is a bit extreme. So I don't fancy spending time to resolve a issue that is just the way this car is

Idle speed makes difference as the vacuum pump is rotating at higher speed, so producing more vacuum to replenish when it's being used. It make a big difference if it into neutral hold the revs up, whilst doing the braking procedure.

My 807 seems to have ECU controlled vacuum regulating soliniods.

Old 18-03-18, 01:47 PM   #4

The solenoids are for the vacuum to OTHER things nothing to do with brakes and if revving makes the vacuum better then your pump is weak

The solenoids control boost EGR and 1 or 2 EGR/doser valves depending on version but the MAIN vacuum feed goes to the servo.
1arm1legDan likes this.
Old 21-03-18, 03:27 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by reliable406 View Post
The solenoids are for the vacuum to OTHER things nothing to do with brakes and if revving makes the vacuum better then your pump is weak

The solenoids control boost EGR and 1 or 2 EGR/doser valves depending on version but the MAIN vacuum feed goes to the servo.

Cheers matey.
In that case The pump sounds like the most likely issue.
I had a quick look under the bonnet after your last reply, and unless the soliniods are wide open bleeding off the vacuum, the pump must be worn.
When I get a chance, get under there, and get the part number off the pump and order one up, (there seems to be a few options on the 2.0 Hdi).

Off the subject, do you know how much DPF fluid is needed to fill my 807 up?
And do you know if it's a 'Planet' only job to reset the counters, or will Snap-on or Delphi software can do it?
Old 21-03-18, 04:44 PM   #6

I see there was a recall on my car for its vacuum pump. (Recall number 3 of 15).

Car Recalls : car recall search results - The AA
Old 21-03-18, 05:35 PM   #7

And do you know if it's a 'Planet' only job to reset the counters, or will Snap-on or Delphi software can do it?[/QUOTE],,,

I have just got my diagbox up and running, going to try and reset the dpf counter on my 307sw tomorrow, your more than welcome to try it on your car(i am in westgate so cant be far from you), will be the blind leading the blind at the moment though !! if i manage to reset mine tomorrow i will update you...
1arm1legDan likes this.
vincentfish is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 22-03-18, 10:15 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by vincentfish View Post
I have just got my diagbox up and running, going to try and reset the dpf counter on my 307sw tomorrow, your more than welcome to try it on your car(i am in westgate so cant be far from you), will be the blind leading the blind at the moment though !! if i manage to reset mine tomorrow i will update you...

Hi matey.

I'm in Acol, so only down the road.

Cheers, Yeah, I'm up for that.

I have Delphi software I brought for our trucks, but haven't had a chance to plug it in to the 807 yet, but assumed it won't do the DPF counter, as when I had a 307 in 2011, if I remember rightly, it was a Planets only feature.
Old 22-03-18, 10:45 AM   #9

Delphi can talk to some of the DPF settings on some peugeots its all down to software compatibility every version of both car software and delphi software is slightly different this in all honesty applies to panet/diagbox too.
1arm1legDan likes this.
Old 22-03-18, 05:22 PM   #10

spent an hour or so playing with the diagbox, found out if used diagbox could get nowhere, as soon as i used the pp option all worked fine, followed instructions i printed off from site to do counter reset,, worked perfectly ,
Also found out my permanent fault on airbag light wasnt seat as i thought but steering wheel airbag open circuit, sorted that too,,, deleted antipolution faults etc now have no warning/fault lights,,,,relief.... just an mot to get through now....
Acol,,,go through there most days to get my daily dose of latte from mcd's...
1arm1legDan likes this.
vincentfish is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in