Auto Adjust cable - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > Peugeot Models > MPVs > 806/807
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-06-16, 05:00 PM   #1

Default Auto Adjust cable

The auto adjust clutch cable in my 806 1.9TD seems to take up all the slack as there is no play in the peddle and thus no play at the gearbox lever. The release bearing must therefore be continually in contact with clutch fingers of the diaphragm spring. If this is the case surely the bearing would wear prematurely. Is there any way of introducing a little play in the peddle? or have I installed the auto adjust cable incorrectly? FYI I made sure both ends of cable were correctly attached before removing the release cup at the peddle end.

Last edited by andrewl; 11-06-16 at 07:16 PM.
andrewl is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-06-16, 10:01 PM   #2

I have not had to do an 807 cable but 306 cables have no real freeplay in them i recon thats normal
Old 12-06-16, 10:32 AM   #3

Hi reliable406 - that seems to be the case with these auto adjust cables. However a bearing under partial pressure spinning between 2000 and 3000rpm for 70,000 miles (assumed clutch life) concerns me. I would be interested to know if anyone reading this has had a problem with a release bearing failure/auto adjust cable?

Old 12-06-16, 10:56 AM   #4

Never had any problemswith them. I understand your concerns but I've had mine 7 years and an XM about 5 or 6 years before that and not had any problems. I think the biggest problem is drivers that sit in traffic, lights etc with their foot on the clutch thus keeping the bearing spinning under load!
citrail is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-06-16, 07:40 PM   #5

For Peugeot 806/Citroen Synergie - Total revs in clutch/bearing lifetime say 70,000miles @ average 50(mph) x 60 Mins/hr x average 2500rpm = 210,000,000 revs.
Must be a bloody good sealed bearing to cope with all those revs as well as the bearing constantly in contact with the pressure plate - albeit a light pressure.
Hope my maths is correct.
Cheers Citrail - I'll trust your experience (I'm still nervous though)
Old 13-06-16, 12:52 AM   #6

Just to make it worse, I always reckon a decent clutch would do 150k miles unless you live in London
citrail is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in