Another 807 with immobilizer fault not starting - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > Peugeot Models > MPVs > 806/807
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Like Tree2Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-10-19, 05:39 AM   #1

Default Another 807 with immobilizer fault not starting

Hi!

Been struggling a few days with my wifes car which just died while driving in horrible rain. Would not start, and the screen says ESP / ASR Faulty and Electronic Anti Theft faulty. No fault codes when reading the ECU. (I do not have PP2000)

Tried resetting the BSI a few times
(Wifey forgot to turn off webasto and it drained the battery, replaced it, then things got really weird, out of sync fuel gauge etc)
But still not starting. Now in economy mode with fully charged battery.

So I started looking around myself and checked fuses and got to the BSM module under the hood. There was alot of moisture in there

Actually, there was a lot of water. It's clearly water damage to the BSM module (or is it the BSI?)

Is it even replaceable without changing the ECU or recoding?

Picture of the module and the damage I could get with a camera:

nvt-150 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-10-19, 06:37 AM   #2

That component isn't the BSI (by the passenger's knees in Norway, drivers side in UK) it's the BM34 engine fusebox. I would open it up and clean the board with alcohol and give it a try, don't forget the connecting plugs. Seal the long trim at the base of the windscreen with silicone as water easily gets through the weak joint to drip onto the engine and other components below. BM34 board is plug & pray so you could obtain a matching used replacement.
wynb is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-10-19, 06:44 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by wynb View Post
That component isn't the BSI (by the passenger's knees in Norway, drivers side in UK) it's the BM34 engine fusebox. I would open it up and clean the board with alcohol and give it a try, don't forget the connecting plugs. Seal the long trim at the base of the windscreen with silicone as water easily gets through the weak joint to drip onto the engine and other components below. BM34 board is plug & pray so you could obtain a matching used replacement.
Hi! Thanks for your quick reply. I can't get it open as it seems as all the connectors have been coated by some hard stuff which glues the connectors to the plastic box

Then I guess this has nothing to do with my issues with the immobilizer, I think the BSI is not turning it off. (I get beeps when "forgetting" the key in the ignition after trying to start the car and open the driver door)

Old 09-10-19, 07:04 AM   #4

That behaviour from the BSI is normal. Can you find a local auto electrician to help? Search LM autos on Youtube, that lad Luis does some fine explanations on repairing boards.
Old 09-10-19, 07:07 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by wynb View Post
That behaviour from the BSI is normal. Can you find a local auto electrician to help? Search LM autos on Youtube, that lad Luis does some fine explanations on repairing boards.
Your explanation on the whereabouts of the BSI module makes me think it's not damaged by water. But it's behaving badly. I should probably get my hands on a PP2000 or a BSI-able diagnostic apparatus which can clear codes.
Old 09-10-19, 07:29 AM   #6

Bad behaviour is because the components playing up are fed from the engine fusebox. I would not worry about clearing codes, get the fusebox working and all will be well.
nvt-150 likes this.
Old 09-10-19, 09:13 AM   #7

I agree fix the fusebox first then check wiring around battery as the fuses there can get wet and cause issues.

You dont need to clear codes you need to fix whatever is wrong clearing fault codes is done AFTER repairs are done.

Once you get another fusebox it will probably go but next step after that is beep test

If you cannot find a fusebox locally i have them.
nvt-150 likes this.
Old 09-10-19, 09:39 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by reliable406 View Post
I agree fix the fusebox first then check wiring around battery as the fuses there can get wet and cause issues.

You dont need to clear codes you need to fix whatever is wrong clearing fault codes is done AFTER repairs are done.

Once you get another fusebox it will probably go but next step after that is beep test

Wiring around battery is ok and fusebox is dry. Have always used the rubber floormats in the car so there has not been any moisture down there.

Will try to get a new one from local dealer or find a used one. Thanks.
Old 09-10-19, 11:38 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by reliable406 View Post
I can't send you a PM since I'm new to the forum.
Old 09-10-19, 12:04 PM   #10

i can list 1 on ebay for you probably easiest way
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in