AL4 automatic solenoid/ecu replacement - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > Peugeot Models > MPVs > 806/807
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 19-09-13, 01:17 PM   #1

Default AL4 automatic solenoid/ecu replacement

My AL4 transmission is complaining about the "line pressure" or somesuch (I forget the exact wording), but googling suggests that replacing two solenoid valves in the transmission will do the trick. There are some new and improved model of solenoids from Borg Warner (part 2574.16) that should be installed, but these also require updating the transmission ECU.

My question is if it's possible to have the solenoids replaced, and then drive (carefully) to the dealer's and have the ECU updated? And/or can the transmission ecu be updated using a "pirate" PP2000?

Also, on ebay etc. I can find this part at about 1/10 of the price at the local dealer. Should I be worried that these might be "fakes" or somehow inferior?

Thanks,
frodef is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 13-10-13, 04:34 PM   #2
Inactive User

Default al4

Hi,

It appears you're a little further down the road of diagnosing your al4 issues than we are. From what i understand the difference in the solenoids is that the new borg warner ones are made of plastic inside rather than metal to prevent seizure from small metal particles. I dont know whether you can do it then drive to the dealer or not though (but all extra info is good i guess?)

I've been trying to understand lexia/Peugeot planet etc and i dont know the differences - have you found out anything more? I'd happily flash the ecu if i knew i had the correct software etc.

Ours is a fiat Ulysse rather than an 807 but it seems identical and was apparently made in the same factory as the 807.

apparently the 807 was most unreliable car for several years running... good eh?

Rich
richf is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 13-10-13, 05:08 PM   #3

Well i gave up on doing it myself and gave it to a autotransmission garage. He changed the soleniods (and suggested they were already the borg-warner ones on my 2004 model, so no SW update strictly necessary). Unfortunately there was also some problem with the actual gearbox (worn out "brake band" or somesuch), so he had to take out the box and rebuild it more or less, which I'm waiting for now. It's not cheap...

Old 13-10-13, 05:12 PM   #4
Inactive User

ouchies - fingers crossed it isnt too bad

I think if our one gets to that stage I may attempt a rebuild myself with my dad or it'll be the torino tin heap for this fiat.

I cant believe Peugeot et al got away with selling a gearbox they knew to be defective for so long. It's only when youve got it and its not working you look it up unfortunately...

Rich
Old 13-10-13, 05:21 PM   #5

I think perhaps if it'd been serviced sooner the rebuild would not have been necessary. The "serviced for life" thing is really what is ridiculous.
Old 13-10-13, 05:25 PM   #6
Inactive User

totally with you there. An accounting exercise for leasing companies. great idea...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in