Airbag crash sensor under air box? - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > Peugeot Models > MPVs > 806/807
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-08-13, 06:41 PM   #1

Default Wet front carpets

In order to top up my 807's auto gearbox with ATF, I removed the air intake box. After I put everything back together, I got an airbag fault. I was running the engine while filling the ATF, and there was no airbag fault then, only after I refitted the air intake box.

I did read the airbag fault in PP2000, but I didn't save it anywhere. I think it indicated that some crash sensor subsystem didn't work. Clearing the fault(s) didn't work.

Is there a crash sensor located in the area around/under the air intake box?

I noticed a somewhat strange looking "tray" behind the air box that was full of clear liquid. I assumed it was either rainwater or some wiper fluid that had leaked, and dried it up. Could this be relevant?

Also, I somehow managed to drop and lose a small screwdriver bit that fell somewhere on top of the gearbox, in the area of the gear lever.

Any ideas what I should look for?

Thanks.

Last edited by frodef; 14-08-13 at 05:14 PM. Reason: New title
frodef is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-08-13, 07:51 AM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by frodef View Post
Also, I somehow managed to drop and lose a small screwdriver bit that fell somewhere on top of the gearbox, in the area of the gear lever.

Any ideas what I should look for?
The screwdriver. ho ho ho.

I'd check the area you were working on Servicebox, see what might be in the area.

The only thing I can think of is a front impact sensor near the bumper.
Old 11-08-13, 06:05 PM   #3

I took out the airbox again, and now I found the screwdriver bit. It was lying rather innocently atop the gearbox, I can't really imagine it causing any trouble from there.

However I seem to have been invaded by the electrical gremlins. Now, when I turn on the ignition the wipers (front and rear) will engage, there are airbag errors, and "engine immobilizer error". And the engine won't fire. Turn off, repeat 4-5 times and the engine will start and the errors disappear completely. (This happened both before and after I removed the screwdriver bit.)

Sigh... I don't see how I could possibly have caused this by taking the airbox in and out.

Old 11-08-13, 08:08 PM   #4

Thinking back, there was also a few showers of extremely heavy rains at just the time before these gremlins appeared. So I suppose there's a possibility this has nothing to do with the airbox at all, and rather some rainwater having corroded some earth connector or something.

Any hints on where to look (first) for such problems?
Old 12-08-13, 11:22 AM   #5

Oh, and also the car went into some sort of mode where respond to the key fob at all, while the headlights (!) were blinking on/off at about 1-2 seconds interval. Quite strange...
Old 12-08-13, 12:25 PM   #6

Sounds like an earth or shorting problem. Take off the battery and tray and start there.
Old 12-08-13, 07:47 PM   #7

Default Wet front carpets

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gibbo View Post
Sounds like an earth or shorting problem. Take off the battery and tray and start there.
Right you are. I pulled out the battery, and while there's a bit of water at the bottom of the tray (under the battery) it didn't really look too bad to me. Here's the main earth terminal:

However when I stuck my hand in under the carpet (from the battery tray towards the center console) it was quite wet. And also up towards the engine compartment.

Then I undid the carpet between the seats in search of the airbag ecu. I found the sealed box there and undid the two nuts towards the front. There were two more nuts towards the rear, but under the carpet and some plastic frame thingy which didn't really want to move. Anyone know how to undo it properly? Well, I only got to peek in there. There was definitely moisture there (looked like light condensation) but not soaked by any means.

I tried to the best of my ability to dry up the carpet with a rag, and as we speak the trusty shoe dryer is going strong:

Anyone knows where else I should look for water? Any ideas why this happened/where the water could come from?

Thanks again for helping.

Last edited by frodef; 12-08-13 at 08:08 PM. Reason: New title
Old 13-08-13, 07:34 AM   #8

Pr1vatepiles will be along shortly to confirm when the lazy sod gets up and gets into work but I believe its the seal around the windscreen and wiper scuttle. If its not seated correctly the water will run down.
Old 15-08-13, 10:14 AM   #9

Is that the seal between the rubber frame and the windscreen glass? Because that seal doesn't look waterproof at all on my car. And I don't see how I could make it better, other than applying some sort of sealant.
Old 15-08-13, 10:32 AM   #10
pr1vatepiles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gibbo View Post
Pr1vatepiles will be along shortly to confirm when the lazy sod gets up and gets into work but I believe its the seal around the windscreen and wiper scuttle. If its not seated correctly the water will run down.
Cheeky sod, been in since 7.30!

I had the plastic cover on drivers side not seated correctly. Weather this caused my damp carpet remains unclear.

If your carpet is wet then be prepared for a long drying process. The insulation under the carpet soaks water like a sponge, in end i took carpet out and replace the stuff underneath, only way to dry it correctly.
  Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in