807 won't start - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > Peugeot Models > MPVs > 806/807
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 16-04-17, 03:19 PM   #1
Inactive User

Exclamation 807 won't start

Happy Easter all
I have a 53 reg 807 2.2 diesel which is been a pain in the bum at the minuet but lets not get into that now lol
the problem is the car is fine when its cold but when its upto temp it just cuts out it started when I was just slowing down at junctions etc thort it might of been a fuel problem so changed the tank of fuel changed the filter etc and still the problem persists
anyone got any ideas let me no if you need any more info etc or can point m win the right direction
thanks in advance ben
beedog is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 16-04-17, 05:20 PM   #2

Any warning lamps? My money would be on the crankshaft sensor going open circuit when its hot. The other possibility is as you slow the engine is twisted by the torque into a slightly new position where the top of the engine is closer to the front of the car, maybe a wire is breaking at this point? Check the earth cable to the top of the gearbox.
wynb is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 16-04-17, 05:28 PM   #3
Inactive User

there isn't any warning lights on at the minuet but it did have one stored "error message sync camshaft to crank shaft no signal"
I have today changed the crank sensor but now the car won't start at all.
Do you have too program the new sensor too the ECU

I will check the wiring again I did check it I get 2volts on both wires from the crank sensor
is there more than one sensor? other than the one on top of the gear box ?
thanks again ben

Old 16-04-17, 09:55 PM   #4

You cant really check the wiring that way if it now wont start after crank sensor swap i would be looking at wiring closely as to get at the crank sensor involves moving a lot of things with wires attached

As wynb says the wires could be breaking and now you have disturbed them you have broken the bad joint completely
Old 17-04-17, 06:47 AM   #5
Inactive User

Thank you for your reply reliable406 and wynb I had a play with the wires last night and not sure but it started and ran stood still for a hour or so I took it out for a drive and on ever bump it kind of cut out managed to limp it home and it was fine on the drive I reached my hand in the engine bay down the side of the air box touched the wires and off the car went so that point some to a wire fault
thats todays job :-)

thanks again will post back what I find etc
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in