807 Water reheater - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > Peugeot Models > MPVs > 806/807
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Like Tree1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 31-03-13, 11:10 AM   #1

Default 807 Water reheater

Having just got a Peugeot 807 I noticed it takes 30 mins to get to running temp on cold mornings. I know these have a heater under the floor pan to assist in warming on such mornings. I looked this morning to see if it was working and no. looking on forums some people just say to disconnect the plug to the heater to disable. The plug was connected. Is there a fuse that may have been removed to stop it working? The handbook doesn't really say anything about a fuse for it.

Also there is a matrix to the side of it with damaged plastic housing with 2 pipes going to it, what is this for?

thanks
noggenfogger is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 31-03-13, 08:15 PM   #2

Just wondering if anybody has any suggestions. I looked in he book and there is a fuse in the battery compartment for additional heating but only one rail is present if you know what I mean so I don't think its ever been a viable fuse location.

Thanks
Old 01-04-13, 08:06 AM   #3

Best way to check is with planet. One of the mot common faults for the units not working is the ignitor in the Aux heater burns out which locks out the heater.

If its working then you hear it start about 30 secs to a min after starting a cold engine and should get some smoke from under car exhaust

Old 01-04-13, 07:25 PM   #4

Thanks for your reply, I will check it tomorrow with an ammeter. I presume a 12volt supply will power the unit and maybe a 6 volt multiplex feed. I will probably drop it down anyway and service it. If it is locked out will it require a planet to reset it in the ecu or will it start to function again when its fixed?

Thanks
Old 01-04-13, 07:27 PM   #5

Does anybody know what the matrix to the side of the water heater is too?
Old 01-04-13, 08:09 PM   #6

A few years ago since i had my 807. The Aux heater on mine was a Webasto Thermo Top unit. The unit was switched by grounding a wire to the unit (can't remember which pin but will try to find remote control wiring diagram that i used).

The matrix i think is the heat exchanger which heats coolant here is a link to fault finding on a berlingo which i am sure is a similar unit http://www.rmsconsult.co.uk/berlingo...p%20manual.pdf
noggenfogger likes this.
Old 01-04-13, 11:56 PM   #7

wow, that looks just like it. And a wiring diagram too, at least I can test the wiring now to make sure its not electrical before I go pulling it apart. When its jacked up I should be able to get a better look. Thumbs up buddy for that.
Old 02-04-13, 05:34 PM   #8
Inactive User

The matrix you mention is probably the condenser for the AC.

I have a C8, the 807 twin brother, and just recently took apart my webasto because it too was not working.
After cleaning the burn chamber I made a test rig and it worked perfectly.

To make it start you need to connect +12v to pin 1

I have extended a wire from pin 1 inside the car and connected it to a gsm relay switch, so now I can just give the car a call and the webasto will run for 30min

You might try and just disconnect the battery and let the webasto reset it self, I read somewhere that this might make it start working again.
Eggi is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-04-13, 02:55 PM   #9

I am pretty sure the matrix with the damaged plastic shroud is a fuel cooler, does not pay to use an 807/C8 off road........... Given the current weather the chances are you will never need it.
wynb is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 13-04-13, 11:12 PM   #10

Sorry for the late reply back to you guys. I got run into at some traffic lights by an old mondeo smashing the bumper, nearside front wing and headlight. The other guy legged it leaving his crippled mondeo behind (apparently been marked as no known owner since 2008). Surprisingly little damage to the structure under the plastic only a few bent wing outriggers which straightened easily. Found a side impacted one at a scrappy and got the complete front end for 120. That coupled with a sliding rear door problem the heater took a lower priority.
I unplugged the heater at the plug and left it for 30 mins to see if it would reset as I heard that too eggi about the reset thingie, however, it still didn't even try to start up. I'm gonna drop it down this next week now the weather is a bit better and have a look. I will bypass the cooling pipes and if its completely knackered I wont bother refitting it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in