807 turbo pressure problem - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > Peugeot Models > MPVs > 806/807
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-07-10, 11:16 AM   #1
Inactive User

Default 807 turbo pressure problem

We are considering buying an 53 plate 807 2.2HDi at very reasonable price on a sold as seen basis, to account for possible issues. We have had the car on a 7 day trial before making a decision and have had a few problems which we need some guidance on.

The main problem is an intermittent engine management warning light, accompanied by a depollution system fault displayed on the dashboard.
This has happened twice, 5 days apart.

The first time it happened, it disappeared when I started it up the following day.
The second time it happended, the car went into limp mode (it may have done this the first time but I was just tootling around the village and didn't really notice.). I was actually on the way to Peugeot the second time to have an engine IDiagnostics check, so the light was still on when I got there and they ran the diags with it in this error condition. They came up with the following :

Intermittent fault. Turbo pressure. Turbo pressure measured too high.
ECU fault code P0245
Engine Speed 1799 rpm
actual delivery 34 mm3/stroke
turbo pressue 1600 mbars
turbo pressure reference value 1341 mbars
EGR solenoid valve OCR 4%

I have noted that this seems similar to some other threads but am a bit confused as to whether this means diaphragm, solenoid, swirl, split pipes or worse the turbo (or inbuilt wastegate). The threads suggest that some tests can be made to check certain items but I am not able to check these things myself (as not technically confident). I have approached a number of people (including a Peugeot agent) who will only help if the fault appears again on the ECU at the time they are looking at it and plugging it into their machine, and then using a process of finding the precise fault by replacement and elimination (which sounds a very expensive and uncertain approach). Indeed Peugeot appear to be suggesting they would replace solenoids and if that isnít it would then go for Turbo.

I wondered if someone is able to carry out old fashioned engineering diagnosis of faults, as we don't know when the fault will occur again, and have a limited amount of time left on our trial before having to make a decision. I wonder whether you are able to recommend :

a) what 'old fashioned' tests need to be done

b) anyone who can in the Somerset or surrounding area who can do this for us.

Other information:

- There is a noticeable whistling noise at low speeds (up to about 40mph) then it decreases(the noise isnít by itself a bother) which I had suspected is related to the turbo. RAC bloke suggested may be bearings but I note from other threads that this sound doesnít seem that unusual, doesnít have imminent failure written over it and can even just be related to pipes. Because it disappears (or appears to) at higher revs I thought that this was probably not the turbo

- The engine was reconditioned after the cambelt broke in March this year and we havenít been able to find out whether these other issues arose after that happened (am wondering whether some hose was kinked or not properly attached when it was put back in). The car was regularly serviced until 2008 and it seems to have work done since then but which doesnít have receipts Ė eg new exhaust and brakes done - service history from 2008 onwards is not clear.

- The oil light does not light up on ignition at all - peugeot (the receptionist) said that if there was no fault detected relating to this when they ran the diags, then it was not a problem - probably the bulb has gone.

We really like the car as it does everything we want but am worried about all the scarey stories about 807s (including Top Gears assessment that it is the worst car in one of their reviews) and the apparent difficulty that people have in tracing the precise part which is failing. Having seen the threads, it appears that we have 2 choices:

- Return the 807 and abandon looking at any other 807 (as they may subsequently develop similar faults) which means finding something else which meets all my many requirements (which includes avoiding expensive purchase price). Some garages we have spoken to have suggested we return it. We had been considering a Voyager (which appeared to be the only other one which fit the bill) but note that some people are warning me away from those as well,

- Try (in the short time remaining of the trial, before we have to make that decision) to identify the real culprit or at least minimise the risk that it is a major item, and keep it.

Can you offer any advice as you have incredible knowledge and experience of the issues and solutions for these engines)?

Thanks !!!!
ceri is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-07-10, 12:16 PM   #2
chopper1192

Possibly a turbo boost pressure sensor failure?

Did you know "sold as seen" is meaningless under UK consumer law when it comes to the sale of vehicles?
  Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in