807 still no start? - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > Peugeot Models > MPVs > 806/807
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Like Tree6Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 31-05-16, 11:31 AM   #1

Default 807 still no start?

Hi all, again. Still no joy starting this 807 of mine removed all fuses checked them twice, all good, all connections good on the fuse boxes? Turns over, won't start? Pp2000 says can't communicate with engine ecu? So I removed the pollen filter ( didn't know I could do that?) and found this picture 1. Abig thick wire with a burst out bolt on it from a big relay ( picture 2)? So got another relay fitted it and still no joy? But this relay has power supplied to it no matter which fuse you remove? Power only gets removed when you disconnect the battery? Has this burnt out the Loom???
Attached Thumbnails
dsc_0592_1464694076535.jpg   dsc_0585_1464694172673.jpg  
mizzow is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 31-05-16, 12:07 PM   #2

if you have a post on here regarding this fault i recommend replying on there because then people dont ask you the same questions again and again

after trying to start turn off leaving key in ignition and open the driver’s door, does the car beep to say the key is in the ignition?

what happened when it stopped working?

what have you tried so far?
mizzow likes this.
Old 31-05-16, 06:25 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by trustme View Post
if you have a post on here regarding this fault i recommend replying on there because then people dont ask you the same questions again and again

after trying to start turn off leaving key in ignition and open the driver’s door, does the car beep to say the key is in the ignition?

OK, ive added this all onto the original quote.

Old 31-05-16, 07:39 PM   #4

I would ask Reliable 406 for help, send a PM. Wiring diagram has a permanent + live to the glow plug relay so no concerns about that. At the relay there are the connections to the glow plugs, earth and two wires from the engine ecu that must trigger the glow plugs, engine ecu could have been damaged by the short in the relay or even the other way round.
Have you tried starting with the relay disconnected, glow plugs not needed only there for ultra cold starts and FAP regeneration.
Remake the small earths on the front chassis legs.
mizzow likes this.
wynb is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 31-05-16, 10:19 PM   #5

Quote:

code is 1320 +ve supply to engine control relay missing, bsi cant communicate with engine ecu?
car just cut out while driving, right in the middle of the road, rush hour. ( well of course it would ).
fitted new relay still no start, so disconected it from glow plugs at engine for now.
No engine management light on dash now? and no glow plug light on dash now? even though when I test the lights through pp2000 everything lights up ok?
Old 31-05-16, 10:31 PM   #6

Try answering the questions I asked about the keys
mizzow likes this.
Old 01-06-16, 04:40 PM   #7

Quote:
Try answering the questions I asked about the keys
Yes it does beep.
The code was 1320 no +ve power to engine ecu, ( or similar )?
when it cut out it just stopped like a stall?
it showed esp/asr fault on dash, wouldnt reset, wouldnt restart, wouldnt show up on pp2000 ( engine management ecu ) no reponse greyed out.
bsi faults - no communication with engine ecu? and no communication with air conditioning ecu? engine management light wont light up with ign on now neither will the glow plug light.
ive checked three fuse boxes all connectors, found nothing wrong, found a burnt out glow plug relay and changed it.
thanks for any insight.
I dont know where the engine control relay is? or the bsi?or the engine management ecu?
Old 02-06-16, 01:21 PM   #8

This fault could well write off the car. I'm wondering about the ABS/ESP lamp, the ABS unit is forward of the engine ecu & glow plug relay, given that she cut out suddenly it seems more like a broken wire, what about wiggling all the wires in the area especially where the loom spans across to the engine over the gearbox while some one is trying the starter to see if there is any change? Might be worth undoing the tape so you can inspect the wires individually.
mizzow likes this.
wynb is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-06-16, 02:17 PM   #9

Check the under bonnet fuse box for damage, the engine ECU is powered up by a relay in the unit and it also supplies Glow Plug relay and some feeds to ABS Pump.

If this was damaged by the glow plug relay burning out it could affect other systems. Also did you check maxi fuses on front face of fuse box (they are easy to miss)
mizzow likes this.
Old 02-06-16, 04:55 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by wynb View Post
This fault could well write off the car. I'm wondering about the ABS/ESP lamp, the ABS unit is forward of the engine ecu & glow plug relay, given that she cut out suddenly it seems more like a broken wire, what about wiggling all the wires in the area especially where the loom spans across to the engine over the gearbox while some one is trying the starter to see if there is any change? Might be worth undoing the tape so you can inspect the wires individually.
I greatly apprieciate all the help and info, Ive had the under bonnet fuse box out and tested it all finding no faults.
The engine ECU I'm not sure about? if its the big box on the n/side front inner wing with three big connectors going into the top of it? it looks in good condition and all connections are good?
The burnt out relay was on the n/side wing just left and behind the afore mentioned box.
I have removed and tested the battery fuse box which was all good too? I tested all the fuses and connections on the fuse box above the throttle pedal its all good, found some relays/modules in there too but they all look good as well?
I'm going to try again as you suggest, and like you I am sure its a broken wire somewhere, I just cant find it? just about at my wits end now having removed most of my cars interior and engine bay equipment to test wires and it all looks good????
Attached Thumbnails
13321791_609553782534654_5052706857176720731_n.jpg   13312881_609553889201310_1162695164703659259_n.jpg   13344556_609553619201337_8312536115036930354_n.jpg  

Last edited by mizzow; 02-06-16 at 08:47 PM.
mizzow is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in