807 Sliding door problem - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > Peugeot Models > MPVs > 806/807
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Like Tree4Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 19-04-11, 01:51 PM   #1
Inactive User

Default 807 Sliding door problem

My rear sliding door stopped working electrically a while ago and was very stiff to operate manually. I have just replaced the left sliding door motor with one I bought from ebay. Fitted it, adjusted the tension and the door moves freely, manually. However, it still won't work electrically. I removed it again and plugged it into the right hand side and the motor works fine. So I haven't bought a dud motor.
Does anybody know of any reason why it still doesn't work? Do I need to reset the door control ECU? Any help would be much appreciated.

I still have this problem. Anyone got any ideas please?

Last edited by cornish807; 08-10-13 at 06:30 PM. Reason: update
cornish807 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-04-14, 08:05 PM   #2
Inactive User

Sorry for reviving this old thread. I have completely run out of ideas.
I'm hoping by now there are more members with some experience of 807 sliding doors.
I have replaced the door motor, centre carriage, piano key contacts, door closed/open microswitch and ECU. I don't think there is anything left to change.
Whenever I press any of the door buttons I get one beep, the door unlocks and springs out by a few mm then nothing. When I press it again I get 3 beeps.
I've tried opening and closing the door manually but still only get 3 beeps.
I've even tried swapping parts to the other door to see if I can transfer the fault but the right door always works fine. What am I missing?

If I had any hair I would be pulling it out. Any help please?
Old 09-04-14, 09:54 AM   #3

Think you have forgetten more than we will ever know about the sliding doors, it is a source of constant wonder to me than ours still function despite 202K miles.
Have you tried assisting the door motor when it tries to open by pulling on the handle to rule out a stiff cable?
cornish807 likes this.
wynb is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-04-14, 12:26 PM   #4
Inactive User

Lol

I feel I know everything about these blimmin doors except how to fix them.
The motor isn't kicking in at all but I do know it works.
I have finally managed to get my pp2000 working and I have 2 fault codes.

PERMANENT FAULT-LH LOCK WITH INTEGRATED SWITCH-OPEN CIRCUIT
INTERMITTENT FAULT-LEFT DOOR ACTUATOR OUTPUT FAULT-OPEN CIRCUIT

My guess is that when the door unlocks there is no signal going to the motor to tell it to move. Anyone got any ideas?
Old 09-04-14, 03:13 PM   #5

Luckily never had to repair one as yet but surely that day is coming.

There is only a hook on the body, the lock is in the door and that disconnects when the door opens. How can it work? Maybe when the lock opens it sends a pulse to the ecu to start the motor. You'd think the door should close despite the lock problem but when the system trips when the door catches on something the door has to be manually closed and then it resets.

Given you have replaced everything on the body I'm guessing the problem lies with the lock in the door, worth investigating to see if its micro switches are functioning.
cornish807 likes this.
Old 09-04-14, 04:13 PM   #6

The more I think about this it is the door lock that is key, watch how the other door closes, it pulls itself shut and keeps closing beyond the lock position and then the lock clicks and door stops closing. If I am right then presumably the motor has to be told to get going by the lock opening in the door.
cornish807 likes this.
Old 09-04-14, 04:50 PM   #7

Sounds like your door catch is the problem inside the door as that description says to me the door catch is being released when you press the button but it should then switch a switch internally to tell the motor to run but this is not happening as the switch is open circuit.

This would make sense as the motor cannot run before the door catch is released or it would burn out/snap the cable.
cornish807 likes this.
Old 10-04-14, 05:57 PM   #8
Inactive User

Cheers guys. It's now sorted. Only took me 4 years.
I bought a complete door from a breakers for 80. took me 30 minutes to remove the old door and fit the new one. Pressed the button at it worked first time. I've never been so happy. Had to do a bit of tweaking here and there and swap over my tinted window glass and is all working fine. Plugged in PP2000 and "No faults found". Happy days. Now needs a respray as I have a bright blue door on a dark grey car.

Now for the next problem. The replacement door has a chromed handle which is peeling. I want to replace it with my original handle. Any ideas how these handles come off?

Last edited by cornish807; 10-04-14 at 06:01 PM.
Old 10-04-14, 06:12 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by cornish807 View Post
Cheers guys. It's now sorted. Only took me 4 years.
I bought a complete door from a breakers for 80. took me 30 minutes to remove the old door and fit the new one. Pressed the button at it worked first time. I've never been so happy. Had to do a bit of tweaking here and there and swap over my tinted window glass and is all working fine. Plugged in PP2000 and "No faults found". Happy days. Now needs a respray as I have a bright blue door on a dark grey car.

Now for the next problem. The replacement door has a chromed handle which is peeling. I want to replace it with my original handle. Any ideas how these handles come off?
Would it not be easier and cheaper to swap the locking parts over, save respraying
deannos is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-04-14, 06:14 PM   #10

Well done, why not swop the lock from the blue door back to your grey door? That way you don't have to exchange the handles or get it re-sprayed. Pretty sure you can only remove the handle by taking the door innards apart to reach the handle securing nuts. Somebody will buy the blue door off you on ebay.
Had the best 3 years of my life in Truro 82-85, best.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in