807 non firing - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > Peugeot Models > MPVs > 806/807
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By reliable406

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 27-04-13, 04:17 PM   #1

Default 807 non firing

hi all i am still trying to get my 04 807 2.0 hdi to go.here's whats happened i purchased 807 off ebay in oct as we are about to have kid No4;the previous own had his mechanic take engine apart after lack of power and then lack of power and lots of smoke after taking lump hammer to cam cover to get to head bolts as injectors seized in found No2 cylinder piston partly melted bore scored and valve burnt out ;so new engine required found one on ebay rhw not rht as mine is.i have finally got the car to a point of being able to try and start but it wont.

I have had a friend at work plug his laptop in(pp2000) and it has only really come up with aircon fault and rear door power fault also had temp sensor fault but had this disconnected as well as other items whilst replacing thermostat housing,he said that there isn't anything fault wise that would stop the engine from starting (he's a coach driver im the mechanic).so im now at a point of whats wrong but the computer don't know about it;the battery has been off the car since i've had it been trying different things battery going flat and putting hazzards on is this normal also had slave battery on to try and start it but no luck.
the only thing my friend did not checked on is cam, crank, fuel pressure whilst cranking , i do have diesel at the injectors and all other levels are ok and nothing but economy mode active on screen.

what i would like to know is could this be a problem with the key and ecu locking out (immobilizer);i will check cam,crank,fuel pressure
or is there some thing else
THANKS FOR READING THIS LIFE STORY
pullitt73 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 27-04-13, 05:03 PM   #2

Fault code reading is no good you need live data also you say you have fuel at injectors if you are opening pipes to check this you are making the problem worse !!

Economy mode does not matter it will go once started

You need to see the parameters for fuel pressure cam and crank synchronisation and engine cranking speed WHILE CRANKING

Immobilisers loosing key codes is unusual on these so its unlikely though possible
PedroStefano likes this.
reliable406 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 27-04-13, 08:10 PM   #3

thanks for the info been reading post's i knew about economy mode and i only cracked the injectors to bleed system after re-installing pump and fuel rail etc. i'm waiting for my laptop to appear so i can get pp2000 and lexia and a load more software programs up and running.
thank you for the info i shall be back when i have my findings thanks bob

Old 27-04-13, 08:52 PM   #4

No need to bleed modern injection systems they bleed themselves.

Once you can read live data you will get somewhere you need 300 bar fuel pressure cam and crank synchronisation and good cranking speed if you get these it should fire

Airflow meter boost control solenoids egr solenoids vacuum pipework and boost sensor not needed for it to start.

we usually just fit it wire it up and test fire before even refitting any frontend parts or pipework makes it easier to get to things to test them.

1 thing easily damaged during refit is crank sensor if its not removed from the gearbox the ring gear can remove its end making it useless remove it from the bellhousing to check it make sure the crash switch is pushed in too
Old 05-05-13, 06:55 PM   #5

Default pp2000 results

hello to everyone i have now sorted my laptop finale got pp200 and lexia3 on and working here's the results
1.cranking speed ?- 129 with a blip to 161 rpm
2.cam/crank sync :- yes
3.measured fuel pressure :- 296 low dip dips also 306,314 then has high of 392, 384,337,353 mainly
4.diff between measured and recommended fuel press :-goes from high of 22 to lows of -41 whilst cranking
5.diesel pressure regulator OCR :- goes straight to 25% then drops to 20 then varies between 20 to 24%
6.injected flow set point :- 46 mm3/stroke (no variation)
7.injector flow rate correction all 4 :- 0.04 mm3/stroke (no variation)
8.injector voltage :- 77.2 to 78.1(blip)
9.measured air flow :-starts at 629 mg the 318,282,447,276,429,324,276,453,341,282,(488 being highest)
10.Egr valve and throttle :- at 5%
looking at these figure's would i be right in saying fuel pressure is the problem
i have video of the test but it wont upload 16mb big also did the other diag test if that helps.
thanks for looking and any advice will be great thanks bob
Old 05-05-13, 09:01 PM   #6
davidireland

Its cranking a bit low. Fuel pressure should be around 280bar on cranking. All the rest don't tell a whole lot. Disconnect the rail pressure sensor and then see if itll start.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
  Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-05-13, 09:36 PM   #7

Default cranky

hi there i tested the battery it's just about to go when on tester it dropped to 9.5v but shouldn't drop below 10v.
before you type i work in coach workshop we have slave battery's 12/24v i've had these on the car whilst cranking but no luck.
i will try your suggestion in the morning
thank you for your input
Old 05-05-13, 10:15 PM   #8

I agree it seems to be turning too slow for my liking.

Injector flow correction is at its static point and injectors are NOT being fired by the ecu this does not mean they or the ecu is faulty it simply means no fuel is being injected this is possibly down to slow cranking speed.

If I was working on this my next move would be a tow start as sometimes that's all they need to wake them up I have had the same a few times on our taxis after they spend time idle and once fired they then start fine.
Old 06-05-13, 09:12 PM   #9

Default Going again

The Short story at bottom of post
Hi got the 807 going .had busy day as my sister came over and had the kids and me and wife went visiting family so when I got I asked my sister and bro in law for a hand which they did even though getting late, so here it is what got it going

As said bit busy and rushed tonight so I got to my work and got the bonnet up tried to remove the rail wiring but it was buried too deep under pipes to get it off so out came the jack and off the stands and down it came hooked up to the 406 for two trips round our yard at about 15mph the first trip was a sightseeing one the bro in law nice but no good with tools etc so second time on the back straight we let her have it 2nd gear 15mph and she started and ticked over perfect went to move it and stalled it but it fired straight back up so all is good throttle very stiff but I can sort it out hopefully, wipers etc not fitted so it all got to be refitted.
Big thanks to reliable 406 and thanks to davidireland for your suggestion
Tow start worked not enough time to try fuel rail wiring disconnect
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in